Why not a 510 in a home speaker yet?

4 hours ago, avguytx said:

I agree.  Here's this great horn (apparently) and it's stuck in the other division.  It doesn't seem like it would take a whole lot of R & D to come up with some fairly current 10" or 12" woofers to use in the cabinets and design a crossover to go with it.  Plus, it's not like it would have to be elaborate cabinets in a WWT design.  Make them similar to the CF-3/4, since they were Roy's design, then there's nothing "taken away" from a PWK design.  If they are made in limited production, one would think it wouldn't be that bad.  Advertise them on Social Media versus trade publications to start out and conserve some of the advertising budget.  Just a thought.

The horn in the Epic series CF3 and CF4 is an excellent modern horn designed for a wide band one inch exit driver. Thanks to Roy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AHall said:

I look forward to getting these up and running. 

Very nice! I'd like to do the same thing but with a pair of Chorus 1 cabinets, the horn will just fit perfect right over the woofer. Really, I'd like to get a pair of the KI-396's and put all of the parts into a pair of Chorus 1 cabinets..

5 hours ago, moray james said:

The horn in the Epic series CF3 and CF4 is an excellent modern horn designed for a wide band one inch exit driver. Thanks to Roy.

Yes, I have two pairs of those horns they are almost the same exact size as the K-510, same height just about an inch narrower. 

1 hour ago, jwc said:

What are your crossover plans with these?

I’m going to start with 600hz. That has been working very good with k510/heresy. I’d like to inch my way down toward 500hz though. I might find some extra clarity if the driver and horns can handle it. Xilica 2040 on the Cornwalls. Xilica 4080 on the Jubes and center. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jwc said:

Ok.  Ur doin Active.  I was thinking maybe somebody may have figured out a passive.

I have found actives to be so much better that I really have no reason for passives anymore. So many limitations for similar money. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, avguytx said:

Bob Crites has a 2 way crossover for the Cornscala D version.  He had told me once he could possibly modify it to work in my Belle clones if I decided to go the 2 way route. Maybe he could help with these. 

I wonder if the 396 crossover would work?