My Dual Volume Controls to my outdoor JBL Control X's lost the left channel!

At the outdoor speaker! I put inline 14GA heavy gage crimped plug-ins on the new AND old speaker wires and a new set of JBL Control Xs I bought thinking it might be a bum speaker (nope!) and now I'm gonnas UNwire the whole thing and replace every soldered wire junction I made to both volume controls, searching for the "not plugged in" error! I put ONE Vol Ctrl deck rail height and the other at outside deck floor height! And it was WORKING BEFORE so I KNOW I wire them correctly. Two Vol Ctrls IN SERIES with each other! NOT PARALLEL!!

I HATE tracking down and fixing a "not plugged in" error and NOT having the music to soothe me as I do! But doing electrical work on a live 100wpc speaker system is NOT SMART! 😉

John Kuthe...

15 hours ago, babadono said:

Can you draw a schematic of what you're doing or trying to do?

I could, but it would take hours to get into Digital Form!!

Screw it! I pulled the darned OSD Vol Ctrls OUT Da Circuit! I'll control the Vol at my McIntosh MX113 Preamp INSIDE!! I'm not playing with these OSD Vol Ctrls anymore! Screw 'em!

Remember if a component CONFUSES YOU, PULL IT OUT THE CIRCUIT! Confusion GONE! And I've got a DONUT INSIDE at my MacinTRASH MacBLECK Pro! 😞 Also a confusing POS! I want my WinXP Pro PC back! I'm gonna have to call the computer shop that's holding it hostage! 😞 Tech said he could not load WinXP Pro on it from the CD I gave them!  Funny, *I* loaded it from that CD immediately before I took it in for service (new Motherboard!)

John Kuthe...

2 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

I could, but it would take hours to get into Digital Form!!

Screw it! I pulled the darned OSD Vol Ctrls OUT Da Circuit! I'll control the Vol at my McIntosh MX113 Preamp INSIDE!! I'm not playing with these OSD Vol Ctrls anymore! Screw 'em!

Remember if a component CONFUSES YOU, PULL IT OUT THE CIRCUIT! Confusion GONE! And I've got a DONUT INSIDE at my MacinTRASH MacBLECK Pro! 😞 Also a confusing POS! I want my WinXP Pro PC back! I'm gonna have to call the computer shop that's holding it hostage! 😞 Tech said he could not load WinXP Pro on it from the CD I gave them!  Funny, *I* loaded it from that CD immediately before I took it in for service (new Motherboard!)

John Kuthe...

And I JUST FOUND OUT!!

OSD makes 100W and 300W Volume Controls! I most likely underspecced myself!! 

I'm gonna get some 300W OSD Volume Controls, get more inline crimpable connectors and WOW!! Maybe they will WORK! Longer! Ordered, and here's the OSD Outdoor Volume Control spec sheet if I can paste it in here. Nope! But here's the Product Page of the OSD 300W Resistor Based (Single impedance, 8 Ohms)) I ordered:

https://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/ovc305r-resistor-based-outdoor-volume-control.html

After all, Nothing Lasts! :-)

John Kuthe...