PWK's Equipment Cabinet

artto

19 hours ago, artto said:

Anybody know what equipment PWK had in this equipment console?

th?id=OIP.3emXXKu1Of6gbWriA5MRNwHaE5&pid=Apiu

IIRC, PWK had a closet nearby his living room converted to house his audio equipment at his Hope, AR residence, and there is a pic somewhere of what was in it...you might want to move this post to the "Ask the Historian" section of the forum, because, JRH may have that pic in his archives.  Just like any other audio enthusiast, PWK updated his upstream equipment numerous times over the years!!  So the answer to your question would ACTUALLY depend upon what time-frame during his life-span you are the most interested in.  I would venture to guess that he had Mac amps/pre-amps/tuner, with likely a ReVox 577 reel deck...turntable might have been Empire Troubador 598...at least at one time that is what he had at home, IIRC!

• Thanks 1

There WAS a turntable and an open reel deck in that closet during the "Klipsch Fans Tour Of Hope" (the first pilgrimage).  He powered his center channel Belle Klipsch with a Crown D45 and connected it all with brown lamp cord.  I can't remember the preamp or the power amps for the Khorns.  None of it seemed exotic. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnA said:

There WAS a turntable and an open reel deck in that closet during the "Klipsch Fans Tour Of Hope" (the first pilgrimage).  He powered his center channel Belle Klipsch with a Crown D45 and connected it all with brown lamp cord.  I can't remember the preamp or the power amps for the Khorns.  None of it seemed exotic. 

Well that's good to know. I used the "same" thing for a long time, a D60, and later a D150a

On 6/20/2019 at 3:04 PM, JohnA said:

Yep, ALL pro level home audio equipment was that way. In the 1950's my Father assembled his home made audio system using a turntable in a table with a lid to close over it with a Pickering cartridge feeding a McIntosh tube preamp MONO into a McIntosh 20W MONO tube amp into an Altec Lansing 15" 'Voice Of The Theater" MONO speaker built into a small low furniture cabinet!

Not shabby for a kid of the 1960's to "fail to grow up" with in Mommy and Daddy's House, eh?

John Kuth...