Klipsch Heresy I Speaker Crossover Capacitor Upgrade - How To (for "Dummies", "Idiot's Guide", etc.)

UPDATE to this post:  After a little more research and after discovering Jim Moorhouse's company, JEM Performance Audio, and reading what he has to say about being Klipsch approved and authentic to the original, I have been convinced to yet again replace the Crite's SoniCap capacitors in my Heresy 1 with the JEM capacitors. Not so much at first, but I have noticed an improvement and smoother upper frequency. It's possible that the Crites capacitors are an improvement over old capacitors that are failing and no longer in spec but I much prefer to stay with parts that are approved by Klipsch in keeping with the original design. Of course one could argue that all other components in the speaker are changing with time and age but I'd say not to the degree that old capacitors can change. In the long run, I very much still enjoy these Heresy speakers and are as I remember then when they were new (although not this particular pair)!

Extremely elemental, possibly incorrect, inaccurate or in some other way deserving of criticism, step-by-step video guide (for "Dummies" or "Idiot's Guide") to replacing the crossover capacitors in Heresy I speakers. Just putting this out there to document what I did - especially for those people who have never opened up the back of their speakers and wondered what they would be getting into if they did. I'm definitely not highly skilled at soldering but I think I know enough to keep me out of trouble and I'm about 99% sure my solder work will not present a problem in my future. But I have been wrong before.

If this video is helpful but not detailed enough and you have more questions please let me know. 

As with most people here I ordered parts from Bob Crites (critesspeakers.com) and I'm sure whatever else I need for these speakers or any other Klipsch speakers I own (KG4, B20B) I'll go to him for parts and/or advice. 

YouTube Video: Klipsch Heresy I Speaker Crossover Capacitor Upgrade

Ken/LoudTrombone

Next planned video: New speaker grill cloth for Heresy I speakers

Edited by LoudTrombone