Best Heritage Speakers for 5.2 Home Theatre Setup

Blackbird

I currently have two La Scalas for fronts, a Cornwall for center, two Cornwalls for side surrounds and a Paradigm Reference Servo-15 subwoofer for my 5.1 home theatre setup.

I am in the process of getting five La Scalas and two JTR Captivator S2 subwoofers for my 5.2 home theatre setup.

Your take?

• Like 3

La scalas as your LCR and your surrounds... You must have great space! La scalas and cornwalls as surrounds seems in my mind a bit much. Personally, I don't think surrounds need to be big speakers, but if you have the space and the money, more power to you! It will for sure be a great setup. Not well versed on JTR subs, but from reading @K5SS answer, I guess they must be good. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I am in the process of getting five La Scalas and two JTR Captivator S2 subwoofers for my 5.2 home theatre setup.  Your take?

I've heard a couple of L/C/R LS setups.  They are seamless and as good as anything I've ever heard, including my local cinema.  The only problem I see is having a pair of LS in your ear as side surrounds.  There may be a preferred way to integrate them but I don't know what that would be. 

@mustang guy has a six LS setup, 3 front, 3 rear.  The are in a medium gym sized room and his setup sounds pretty good.

@Youthman in Plant City has an incredible HT setup, anchored by La Scala L/C/R.  You might reach out to him for advice on setup.  He has his really dialed in.

I had (3) LaScalas across the front, Cornwall sides and Heresy rears. (2) RSW-15 subs. It was pretty good ;)

but hate me if you want, I prefer the change I made with RF 7 fronts and sides, RC7 center and rears (same subs). Maybe it's the 7 identical tweeters, I don't know. But I actually prefer it. 

LaScala II all day long for 2 channel though

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

I had (3) LaScalas across the front, Cornwall sides and Heresy rears. (2) RSW-15 subs. It was pretty good ;)

but hate me if you want, I prefer the change I made with RF 7 fronts and sides, RC7 center and rears (same subs). Maybe it's the 7 identical tweeters, I don't know. But I actually prefer it. 

Shoot, either one of those setups are most enviable. I bet the RF7 setup is something to behold. What are you driving all of this with, what AVR or amps?

39 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Shoot, either one of those setups are most enviable. I bet the RF7 setup is something to behold. What are you driving all of this with, what AVR or amps?

B&K Ref 200.7/Onkyo 5509 Processor. I have all I'll ever need in terms of audio.  So happy to no longer have the desire to chase the "unobtainable".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wstrickland1 said:

B&K Ref 200.7/Onkyo 5509 Processor. I have all I'll ever need in terms of audio.  So happy to no longer have the desire to chase the "unobtainable".

Some super nice AV equipment you own.

3 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

RC-7 better vs a LaSacala as a center 😲

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0b805f796f527463

19 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I currently have two La Scalas for fronts, a Cornwall for center, two Cornwalls for side surrounds and a Paradigm Reference Servo-15 subwoofer for my 5.1 home theatre setup.

I am in the process of getting five La Scalas and two JTR Captivator S2 subwoofers for my 5.2 home theatre setup.

Your take?

Other than car sized horns (sarcasm) idk what would be better.  Congrats!!! 

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

@mustang guy has a six LS setup, 3 front, 3 rear.  The are in a medium gym sized room and his setup sounds pretty good.

I would only prefer 3 front and 2 rear in my setup.

4 hours ago, wstrickland1 said:

I have never used anything other than Heritage.

2 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I had five Heresies in my master bedroom home theatre system.  In my opinion they are excellent considering only 2/3 of the space is being used.

Heresies are like Baby La Scalas, I have found!!

I want my second one BACK! :-) I;m gonna have my La Scalas out front, and my Heresies slightly elevated in the rear! And I will be WAILING on my Djembe in their midst! :-)

John Kuthe...