VPI TNT 3.5 with JMW 10.5 Tonearm SOLD

joessportster

SOLD SOLD SOLD:   Heres a STEAL for someone on here, Only offered because I got a WHOLE package deal from Jan on the Classic 1 and I frankly do not need 2 top teir Turntables.  I am offering the TNT at rock Bottom Pricing here on the forum's first in case someone here is looking to upgrade.  I can Promise you wont see another in this condition at this Price

1. This has one of VPI's heavy Platters it weighs 21.6 pounds on my digital scale. Delrin and Stainless Steel, (May have lead inside, at 1 time VPI did sell platters with lead inside)

2. Upgraded 300 RPM Motor for great accurate speed, Has a 2 stage pulley for 33.3 & 45 RPM

3. I have the original 3  way pulley for added speed stability (No Belt) I never used it and did not feel like I needed it

4. Delrin Center Clamp

5. Prev. Owner upgraded the feet to the balls, (when I recieved the table parts for the feet were missing, I made spacers and used a different ball, works perfectly and 100% not visible)

6. I purchased 1 of the heavy embroidered dust covers works great

7. Includes the JMW 10.5 Tonearm with on the fly VTA and the acrylic armboard

8. this is the matched Bearing & Platter.  IOW each is marked and balanced to the other

9. while the Pics show dust etc... The plynth is near mint with near 0 swirls in the piano black finish. No One has scrubbed on this plynth it honestly looks almost new. Same with the armboard

10. NO CARTRIDGE INCLUDED

11. Package is complete, get it home set it up, Put your cartridge on the arm, drop the needle. Set back and smile everytime you play an LP, Knowing you cannot improve upon the table. The only future upgrades you will ever need consider will be a cartridge or elsewhere in your system. These Tables 

New this turrntable was close to 6000.00 before any of the upgrades. It is EASILY worth 4k as it sets, and it sounds as good as any TNT I have owned or heard

I do not have the original packing But I have shipped 2 TNT in the past and several other Turntables including a Mapleknoll Ariedne with a 75 pound pure lead platter.all with no damage. In short I know how to pack a Turntable and It will be insured for full sales Price

Buyer pays all shipping charges, this thing is heavy over 100 pounds it will ship in no less than 3 boxes. It will likely cost 50.00 + for packing supplies but I will cover that. 

Members Price is 1900.00 FIRM Plus Shipping. It will take me 1 or 2 days to pack this securely for fedex ground shipping (Fully Insured).  Payments accepted will be Cash, Check If I know you, Postal Money Order, or Paypal Friends & Family ONLY (Sorry No Exceptions) I am only going to load a couple pics if you want more I can email

Joe

2.PNG

I have a classic Dual 1229 turntable that I think sounds pretty good - I know its nothing like a VPI but Ive never heard a VPI - I love spinning vinyl -- how much better does the music sound on your TNT? I'm interested in how it could improve my listening enjoyment and it looks like a tremendous deal.

4 hours ago, Fido said:

I have a classic Dual 1229 turntable that I think sounds pretty good - I know its nothing like a VPI but Ive never heard a VPI - I love spinning vinyl -- how much better does the music sound on your TNT? I'm interested in how it could improve my listening enjoyment and it looks like a tremendous deal.

Thats hard to say. 1 I have never heard the dual 1229, I did have a dual cs5000 years ago and there really is no comparison. The VPI walked all over the cs5000. Where the 5000 was prone to pick up vibration the VPI is solid as a rock. There are many factors involved.  I would say you could certainly expect a blacker background and better BASS. a more stable speed as the platter sort of acts like  a Flywheel with its weight of 21+ pounds the feet with the balls have isolation built in.  I am not big on espousing the audio verbiage. Suffice to say I heard enough to know I was not going back.

1 hour ago, Schu said:

That's the later version of the JMW... good deal for sure.

Thanks Schu

The tonearm is a JMW 10 (not 10.5), the same tonearm I have on my VPI Aries. It is a very nice, and highly adjustable, arm.

The platter is from a TNT V,  half delrin and half stainless steel, no lead. It is considered by many to be the best platter that VPI has made, even over the Super Platter.

If I were local, I would be tempted to pick it up for the platter, spare motor and tonearm for my Aries (the TNT is too big for my shelf).

Just saying, this is a great deal for someone looking to upgrade their turntable.

6 hours ago, gmc said:

The tonearm is a JMW 10 (not 10.5), the same tonearm I have on my VPI Aries. It is a very nice, and highly adjustable, arm.

The platter is from a TNT V,  half delrin and half stainless steel, no lead. It is considered by many to be the best platter that VPI has made, even over the Super Platter.

If I were local, I would be tempted to pick it up for the platter, spare motor and tonearm for my Aries (the TNT is too big for my shelf).

Just saying, this is a great deal for someone looking to upgrade their turntable.

Thanks for the clarification

So glad someone bought this TT - It was so tempting even though I love my Dual Automatic TT and it fits my space and the VPI TNT would not have fit without a major equipment reconfigure. I don't know about everyone else on this forum but I'm always chasing after something that might be BETTER? And.. I don't doubt for a second that the TNT is a superior TT even though as configured my Dual sounds incredibly good.

I have a very nice MA512 Intergrated Amp and when I look at Prima Luna I always wonder if I'd enjoy it more in all its tube glory than my Hybrid McIntosh? Even though I listen to music many hours a day and a full on Tube amp might be be more upkeep I'm still tempted to change to Prima Luna. I cant be the only one that faces these dilemnas. 

So for me I feel like I just saved myself almost $2500 by not upgrading and needing a new cartridge and shipping etc. Again - someone got a damned good deal here.