David Gilmour Guitar Auction

Dave1290

37 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I think Wish You Were Here is their best album, I know I'm in the minority, most would say DSOTM.

Dsotm is the album I lest like of the Waters running everything era. Its incredible and I love it but just comparing to the next 4 albums.

Its funny that people think its the most popular (reading most forums I get the same impression). But The Wall has sold way more albums and came out 6 years later (so even less time for sales). I don't know if that proves its the most popular but just saying.

I think The Wall is one of the great creations of the 20th century. Waters master piece indeed. 

• Like 3

On 6/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, Heritage_Head said:

He's my favorite guitarist and its not even close. What they should do is re action them and give the money to other charities. Then rinse and repeat. Anyone buying a 4mill guitar can afford it. If they did this (all these big actions) can you imagine all the money that would raise.  

Are you KIDDING ME? Granted David Gilmour is a great, but greater is John McLaughlin:

There is GOOD, and there is GREAT!

John Kuthe...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

Are you KIDDING ME? Granted David Gilmour is a great, but greater is John McLaughlin:

There is GOOD, and there is GREAT!

John Kuthe...

I have no idea what your point is "are you KIDDING ME?"?

Im just a fan. I like what I like. I would never claim one is better in terms of taste. Only what I like. Some stuff Im posting are facts but what or who is better are just my opinion. Sorry for any confusion on that. ☺️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Dsotm is the album I lest like of the Waters running everything era. Its incredible and I love it but just comparing to the next 4 albums.

Its funny that people think its the most popular (reading most forums I get the same impression). But The Wall has sold way more albums and came out 6 years later (so even less time for sales). I don't know if that proves its the most popular but just saying.

I think The Wall is one of the great creations of the 20th century. Waters master piece indeed. 

The Wall is my favorite also. Did you see the The Wall live in Germany by Waters? 

• Like 1

Just now, Ceptorman said:

The Wall is my favorite also. Did you see the The Wall live in Germany by Waters? 

The one a few years after he left (with a bunch of other stars early 90s i think)? Or later on? Ive seen bunch on youtube. I mean its Waters so loved all of it.

But the tour he did like 10 years ago I really liked (the one he released a cd with). His voice sounded great. Didn't go though. 

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yeah, i went to that Waters show twice. Good show.  The concerts of his that i’ve been to are nearly identical to the albums -- which isn’t a bad thing either.  He did have some pretty talented musicians in his band too. One time that i saw Waters (also at the Hollywood Bowl) Nick Mason was there and for the second set, he got on drums and they did the entire DSOTM album. 

Oh man that is so cool. Did Beck tour with him?

I really like the Youtube video of that 30min set they all did when floyd was all back together after Richard died. I saw Mason in a video a few years after. They asked him about the Waters playing with them. He said Waters was a little pushy at first about what he wanted to play then he became really humble when they were like no this is what were doing. You could see in his face how surprised they were by that. 

Im also glad to see that Waters now admits he was wrong in his whole law suit about them playing the songs he wrote. They earned those songs. All the practices, studio time, shows, years and years of time invested into that band. Not to mention putting up with each other, way after they all had more money then they could ever spend. 

I never saw any of them live. I didn't get hard core into them tell after Waters left. I was kinda stupidly stubborn about it thinking (No way not with out waters). And same with seeing Waters with out David,Nick,Richard. I wish I would have though. If Waters comes back Im going to really try.  

15 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

The one a few years after he left (with a bunch of other stars early 90s i think)? Or later on? Ive seen bunch on youtube. I mean its Waters so loved all of it.

But the tour he did like 10 years ago I really liked (the one he released a cd with). His voice sounded great. Didn't go though. 

This was a 2014 concert The Wall. During the whole show, they build a massive wall across the front of the stage, it's also a video screen, the band is hidden. Has a lot of documentary stuff with it. It shows him playing a trumpet at his Fathers and Grandfathers graves. His children also visit the graves. It's a must see to any Floyd or Waters fan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

This was a 2014 concert The Wall. During the whole show, they build a massive wall across the front of the stage, it's also a video screen, the band is hidden. Has a lot of documentary stuff with it. It shows him playing a trumpet at his Fathers and Grandfathers graves. His children also visit the graves. It's a must see to any Floyd or Waters fan.

Ok I know what one your talking about. Ive only seen parts. The documentary stuff Ive seen. Very good stuff. 

I love the money he/they spend on there shows. They really care about giving fans a memory and experience like nothing they have or will ever see again. The Wall tour I read almost bankrupt the band it cost so much (1980). I love the extra solo stuff from Gilmore (the last few sec of the solo should have made the album)