Swimming Pool Issues

bkwa1959

I have a saltwater pool and I just changed the motor, I have everything hooked up right ,no leaks or crazy noises,but I can’t get the pump to pump water from the pool.I filled the primed the pump and still no luck, I even took the lid off the pump and turn the pump switch on and it pulled water from the pump toward the filter.I then filled the pump again and still no luck,does anyone have an idea.

I went online and I was able to get the pump to working,I was not priming the pump the correct way.You have to close off the main drain and half way close the skimmer drain to move water to the pump.This is what I love about this forum,everyone is always willing to help.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed this thread.  Was pretty busy yesterday.   Glad the OP got it running.  Pools are nice but a lot of work.  Biggest time saver to date was the purchase of a robotic cleaner and trashing the Polaris.  Should have done it years ago.

On 6/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, Tarheel said:

I've assigned this question to Carl who can fix most things.

Yeah, but he's liable to get those Martini arms around the motor and start shaking it,  (should we tell him that it's not shaking the motor that makes it work but turning the impeller??)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Yeah, but he's liable to get those Martini arms around the motor and start shaking it,  (should we tell him that it's not shaking the motor that makes it work but turning the impeller??)

Normally I use a hammer on just about everything.

• Like 1

OK gang, I'll give you all a little repair advice free of charge.  This method will fix virtually any problem you're liable to come across.  Chuck, pay close attention.  You'll really impress your LF with your new mechanical prowess.

If something moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape.

If something doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Honestly Carl, the last thing we want to hear about are your kinky bedroom methods.

29 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I've always felt vice-grips were the cure-all

And we thought Carl was kinky. :lol: