La Scalas now what?

guf

By the way man.. not toot my own horn here 🙄. But didn't I say those would fit in that room? They look great in those spots 👍. Little different moving those around after heresys right....

When you get them going the audio term used so often, such and such on steroids, well make so much sense. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0ff8f77a62555159

Thanks for all the input and the rational reasoning! But geeze on the other thread people were spending all kinds of my money and thats more what I'm used to.  :)

Well how about this?

Everything is working fine now in both speakers! There is something up because they seem to be a bit finicky.  Maybe they just needed the cobwebs blown out.  I'm listening and enjoying with no hiccups for couple hours. Reassessing my goals now.  I love the idea of the two way but I have to research a bit more and maybe i won't want to know until I try it.  I do know that I'm nervous running my 45 watt tube amp through some complicated active crossover.  AND I'm running my speakers now with a whopping 6 watts and thinking maybe the 45 isn't going to cut it with 2 watts? In which case i could sell it and fund Jubilees.

I have to say I'm really, really enjoying the speakers and thinking what I need more of... detail? Brightness? I don't know. They sound pretty damn great now. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

By the way man.. not toot my own horn here 🙄. But didn't I say those would fit in that room? They look great in those spots 👍

you were right!! thanks!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, guf said:

Thanks for all the input and the rational reasoning! But geeze on the other thread people were spending all kinds of my money and thats more what I'm used to.  :)

Well how about this?

Everything is working fine now in both speakers! There is something up because they seem to be a bit finicky.  Maybe they just needed the cobwebs blown out.  I'm listening and enjoying with no hiccups for couple hours. Reassessing my goals now.  I love the idea of the two way but I have to research a bit more and maybe i won't want to know until I try it.  I do know that I'm nervous running my 45 watt tube amp through some complicated active crossover.  AND I'm running my speakers now with a whopping 6 watts and thinking maybe the 45 isn't going to cut it with 2 watts? In which case i could sell it and fund Jubilees.

I have to say I'm really, really enjoying the speakers and thinking what I need more of... detail? Brightness? I don't know. They sound pretty damn great now. 

Great news.

Get some of those gold color connectors I showed you in your wtb thread. Or something at radio shack that works. When I got my LS I took those connectors off my heresys and hooked them up like you have (speaker wires). I ordered some for the heresys but had some issues with one I hooked up like yours. I have sense replaced. There less than a dollar and hook up with banana plugs or normal speaker. 

hereisapicfortheterm.jpg

DSCN0937.jpg

1 hour ago, guf said:

here's the problem... I have a flight to catch and I'm sitting here listening to song after song. I need to get stuff done! ugh

=== ah yes. The Sunday business flight or maybe opt for the 6am on Monday? Either way, sucks and sucks badly. But please , keep up the good work and the wheels turning — 

• Like 1

I think I paid around $1300 for my '89 LS, which had AL crossovers in them. Someone loaned me a pair of alk universals, while I ordered parts and built some dha2 crossovers. Awesome! Eventually put an Eminence horn tweeter with the same driver as Bob's ct125 on the top. Very happy with them but I had to sell them.

Wish I hadn't sold them...

Bruce

post-5045-0-48820000-1398354291.jpg

post-5045-0-27260000-1398354221.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I think I paid around $1300 for my '89 LS, which had AL crossovers in them. Someone loaned me a pair of alk universals, while I ordered parts and built some dha2 crossovers. Awesome! Eventually put an Eminence horn tweeter with the same driver as Bob's ct125 on the top. Very happy with them but I had to sell them.

Wish I hadn't sold them...

Bruce

post-5045-0-48820000-1398354291.jpg

post-5045-0-27260000-1398354221.jpg

Beautiful indeed. 

24 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

IMHO on first heritage line. Something like those is a no brainer. I like banana plugs personally. But not everyone does (understandable). 

I'm a fan of banana plugs too. Just makes it so easy to connect/disconnect, and a solid connection. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Another one on the list, that took me way to long for to come around to. 😊 🤜

I'm with you, I just ordered my first batch like a couple months ago. New tricks @ age 60. I cut my wire, strip, twist and solder, then attach the banana plug. So much easier than inserting stripped wire into terminals and screwing em down, checking for errand strands.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Marvel you ever replace them? with something else

I found cabinets for $100 sitting on a guys front porch, had my crossovers and the tweeter. Got the parts over time and finished geting them together fairly recently. I front mounted the horns. Sound pretty good.

20190422_214254.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, polizzio said:

I'm with you, I just ordered my first batch like a couple months ago. New tricks @ age 60. I cut my wire, strip, twist and solder, then attach the banana plug. So much easier than inserting stripped wire into terminals and screwing em down, checking for errand strands.

Well... you are late to the party too I see 😉.

Cheap, work flawlessly, laughably easier to use... Oh and they look cool as hell by the way! (How in the world did I miss this party I have no idea)🙄 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I found cabinets for $100 sitting on a guys front porch, had my crossovers and the tweeter. Got the parts over time and finished geting them together fairly recently. I front mounted the horns. Sound pretty good.

20190422_214254.jpg

Compared to just the memory of them sitting there.. I would say f n awesome! 

So this porch....ahh anyone chasing, and screaming at you as you left??? 

200w.gif?cid=790b76115d1026bd7351334f63b

2 hours ago, guf said:

here's the problem... I have a flight to catch and I'm sitting here listening to song after song. I need to get stuff done! ugh

same problem I have

my neighbors know when I am vacuuming. I use a shop vac and turn the music up enough to hear it over the vac. I work in the yard to music, too.

I'm using an H/K 630.  Seems to have plenty.... I haven't dragged things outdoors yet.  I almost expect them to sound better.

• Like 2