La Scalas now what?

guf

2 hours ago, MookieStl said:

Save the DeLorean for more important stuff. We got lots of things to go back and correct.

Just put a couple 5 way binding posts on the a piece of angle and use the superior connectivity and convenience of the banana plugs.😉

I don't trust those little screws inside the SpeakOns anyway. 

aa.thumb.JPG.541049087a31b56811d2d7a1016fffc3.JPGmsg-60988-0-54540000-1443484653_thumb.jpg

I like those. Nicer than what I use. These are .90c each 

IMG_1547.jpg?width=400&height=400&crop=1

IMG_1543.jpg?width=400&height=400&crop=1

• 2 weeks later...

So I ordered some new tweeters from Bob, the 120s. And I ordered a set of crossovers from Dean. For some reason my original crossovers will work fine for hours and the one channel will get quiet and the soundstage drastically moves towards the other speaker. Sometimes I just  disconnect everything reconnect it and then it’s fine other times it doesn’t work. I’ve swapped the crossovers and the problem does stay with the crossover. Today I had no luck so I thought I would reconnect my heresy3.  Here is the interesting thing... they sound so so good. Smooth and balanced.  I have them further out in the room that I normally do. But they really sound fantastic. and I hate to say it but could it be better? 

5502D9DD-7F84-4A6A-A935-53E19D2310A0.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, geoff. said:

My old AA’s did the same thing.

One channel was missing the treble.

I goosed the volume and BAM! My tweeter came alive again.

If I had to hazard a guess, it would be old capacitors not playing nice.

I think this is exactly what is going on. It’s frustrating. 

57 minutes ago, guf said:

So I ordered some new tweeters from Bob, the 120s. And I ordered a set of crossovers from Dean. For some reason my original crossovers will work fine for hours and the one channel will get quiet and the soundstage drastically moves towards the other speaker. Sometimes I just  disconnect everything reconnect it and then it’s fine other times it doesn’t work. I’ve swapped the crossovers and the problem does stay with the crossover. Today I had no luck so I thought I would reconnect my heresy3.  Here is the interesting thing... they sound so so good. Smooth and balanced.  I have them further out in the room that I normally do. But they really sound fantastic. and I hate to say it but could it be better? 

5502D9DD-7F84-4A6A-A935-53E19D2310A0.jpeg

If those heresys sound better than somethings is awfully wrong dude....Im guessing Deans xo will put those heresys into closet duty. 

10 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

10 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

If those heresys sound better than somethings is awfully wrong dude....Im guessing Deans xo will put those heresys into closet duty. 

I have a whole room full of “closet duty” gear to keep it company.  Ugh... I need to head over to the I got a problem thread and share at group level.  Insert “pray for me” gif

Just now, Heritage_Head said:

Sometimes the first two finger click (on pad). Wont bring up the link. 

I can paste and insert it’s just not moving forward from there And posting