Klipsch Center Channel Distance

Rod5

I just recently purchased the Klipsch rp600c Center Channel. I sits fine on my fire place mantel. The speaker will have about a half an inch to an inch of distance from the wall to rear. My mantel is 10 inches in depth  and the speaker is 12 inch in depth.  I was thinking this should give it enough space for the port but was not sure. I could not find anything from Klipsch saying a particular distance it had to be but wanted to be for sure. The port on this speaker is flared out so that should help also. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry about it myself, I've seen one of the engineers publicly state that you can hang the ported bookshelves flat up against the wall.  Of course it's not optimal for bass but it's not like you're pushing a bunch of air through them anyway, most likely you'll have an 80 hz crossover.  Just try it and see if it sounds ok to you, people do things like this all the time.  Personally I wish they'd put ports on the fronts just because of non-stop situations and subsequent questions like this.  

• Like 1