Opinions on Forte II or Heresy III for surrounds

WorkingEdge

Hello,

I just wanted some opinions on options.  There is a set of blacks Forte II for 750 on CL in Los Angeles that appear in very good shape. Considering this versus new Heresy III’s from Cory but don’t now what they will go for these days with recent price increase.  The surrounds cannot be ideally placed due to room, a little more to the rear than I would like. Current set up is LCR of Forte III-Heresy III-Forte III with RP160’s as surrounds, and pair of C5800’s as top rear Atmos. 

Thanks for opinions!

• Like 1

I use heresys as surrounds. Ive also used heresy 2s, kpt-1201s, rs62ii,rs52, rs42, and some others. In your case h3 would match really good. Looks and sound with the center. I agree the forte at 750 would be a better value. You don't have to buy h3 new. They come up will under 1k used. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

I use heresys as surrounds. Ive also used heresy 2s, kpt-1201s, rs62ii,rs52, rs42, and some others. In your case h3 would match really good. Looks and sound with the center. I agree the forte at 750 would be a better value. You don't have to buy h3 new. They come up will under 1k used. 

Hmmm. I must be looking at all the wrong places. Where does one go to find sub 1000 dollar HIlI’s?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WorkingEdge said:

Current set up is LCR of Forte III-Heresy III-Forte III 

Why not get all 3 matching up front? Buy a single FIII and a single HIII. HIIIs as surrounds. Perfect.

3 hours ago, rplace said:

Why not get all 3 matching up front? Buy a single FIII and a single HIII. HIIIs as surrounds. Perfect.

I did consider this!  That would be best front sound stage. Unfortunately no way to fit Forte III as center in current console. 

I also daydreamed about getting La Scalas and moving Fortes to surrounds. Anybody know what AL5’s going for?  Doubt that will fly though with wife, though!   : )

A6C1BB2A-0769-443B-89A9-C61A56619CC4.png

Furniture is temporary, speakers are forever. Wall mount that TV and ditch the DVDs to another room. What is behind that wall? After wall mounting my TV I moved all the equipment into the room behind it and fished the wires through and set up some IR repeaters. Nice clean look with no equipment showing and the TV up and out of the way.

Good luck on the quest, keep us posted. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
22 hours ago, WorkingEdge said:

The surrounds cannot be ideally placed due to room, a little more to the rear than I would like. 

I have the same problem, I really only had one choice for surrounds so it is what it is, plus no place on the back sides.

Forte lll mains

Forte ll for center and 3 surrounds

Eventually a Forte lll for a center also to replace the ll 

My only choice for surrounds or rears, pointing down at the listening position (sofa):lol:  Now they are 3 matching colors but same spot, that was 2 Walnut and one Oak, 3 Oak now.

speakers_3.JPG

• Like 2

• Moderators

For Atmos, well that makes me feel more normal with them for rears. :lol:

I have no room on the sides and I had pairs so it ended up being 6.1, close enough, I have to say it sounds really good.

They won't fall they have been there for years, bolted into alot of wood in that beam and 1/4" steel diy brackets.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rplace said:

Furniture is temporary, speakers are forever. Wall mount that TV and ditch the DVDs to another room. What is behind that wall? After wall mounting my TV I moved all the equipment into the room behind it and fished the wires through and set up some IR repeaters. Nice clean look with no equipment showing and the TV up and out of the way.

Good luck on the quest, keep us posted. 

+1 +1

I love a clean look. When I saw the pic you pretty much said word for word my thinking. I turn all my gears lights off. One little blue light on the avr and thats it (that would be off too if it could). The rest I hide (like ps4.....). Hate clutter.

Except for klipsch speakers of course 😊. Those are the guests of honor obviously...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I went with Heresy III’s with much thanks to Metropolislakeoufitter. Using same stands that previously supported RP160’s on its side. Boy, these little speakers are surprisingly heavy!  Doesn’t quite fit these but feels pretty secure and of course sounds great!  

FBE6C87C-3B57-4BDC-8729-995B660E393A.jpeg