KLF-10 HEIGHT, STANDS OR TILT?

I have been searching around to see how to tame down the tweeter on my KLF-10's.  I have upgraded to the Crites TI diaphragms and Crites built crossovers.  I appreciate the information and will try the 10 ohm R2 modification next.  I am wondering if adding Noico 10 mil sound deadening mat onto the back of the tweeter horn will help or not?  I am also wondering if a resister can be placed on the + side of the tweeter wire instead of at the crossover?  Any help or comments welcome.  Thanks, Greg.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:46 AM, FSHNRIG said:

I have been searching around to see how to tame down the tweeter on my KLF-10's.  I have upgraded to the Crites TI diaphragms and Crites built crossovers.  I appreciate the information and will try the 10 ohm R2 modification next.  I am wondering if adding Noico 10 mil sound deadening mat onto the back of the tweeter horn will help or not?  I am also wondering if a resister can be placed on the + side of the tweeter wire instead of at the crossover?  Any help or comments welcome.  Thanks, Greg.

probably get better replies if you start your own thread for those questions, this is a old thread about stands that went a little off track... 

Hi Greg,

Yes you certainly can add the resistor at the tweeter +ve.

I created resistor modules of various values that I simply plugged in at the tweeter so I could easily adjust the attenuation on my KG 5.5s tweeter.

Once I arrived at a sound I liked I just left that module in place.

Regarding the deadening I'd suggest just doing one and then A-Bing the modded with unmodified speaker side by side - can you hear any difference?

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 11:48 AM, 001 said:

Every time I have rasied floor standing speakers they lost considerable amounts of bass.  Especially short boxy speakers like fortes etc... KG 4.5 & 5.5 or KLF 10,20,30 are taller & narrower & dont look right raised up on stands IMO. 

Old thread, I know, but I just got here...hi 😁

Being a looong time

klf - 10 (light oak) owner/lover/ jammer, I just want to be sure

...you mean beyond the feet/floor spikes, yes?