Apple to Phase OUT I Tunes........................?

joessportster

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I thought I heard that they were basically just changing the name and marketing.

There was a thread somewhere here about it.  They're splitting it up into 4 different platforms.  Nothing will be lost. 

I believe the main conversion for music is that it will go from iTunes to Apple Music and they say nothing will be lost.   It makes sense for Apple to try to make a more cohesive product that provides access to all music regardless of source and of course Apple wants to get people to sign up for services rather than purchase once.  Apple software does get overly aggressive sometimes of the digital rights management and who knows what will happen when the app changes and Apple Music starts managing the iTunes "database".  I've made 3 backups of my entire iTunes library to disk drives off my Windows iTunes.  And one of them is on a USB stick connected to my music server so I'm not going to loose anything.  Thank goodness I can still run WinAmp too. 

• Moderators
On 6/26/2019 at 9:06 AM, CECAA850 said:

Nothing will be lost. 

I hope they loose the parts that make it such a pain to deal with and how they are so strict on what they want to control, even simple things like album art for music, it could be much easier to use.

The whole Apple thing pushed me over the edge when after years of a 100% working I-pad playing internet radio like Pandora or Spotify not working anymore for that. Worked great for years and one day didn't, uninstalled it and tried to reinstall and was told that I-pad can not handle streaming music it's to old , there answer was to try a newer fancier model. But that's Apple's BS , nothing new.

• Like 1