La Scala II’s upstate NY

mcp

For posterity....  (no affiliation)

KLIPSCH LASCALA 2'S. These were originally B stock and In nice shape and sound fantastic. selling for personal reasons and will be using my Klipsch Chorus in their place for a while. You likely wont find a pair for this price anywhere else. I will gladly text additional pics as needed. please call

image.png.6466f8eb4364150edfac56c928d6c736.png

image.png.482198ee8524f5dbff7e8c289b166fe5.png

image.png.7bbae7fdfee2460a1863ed34d92d16fa.png

image.png.cbef971f609b0f41ee2ecf945476a190.png

B-stock LS II.  We don't see many LS II's on the used market. 

The average price of LS II in Good shape is $2500.  However I have fewer than ten samples, so reliability of the numeric average is likely not valid.  I show that in 04/04/2018  Audiogon.com a former dealer was offering two pair of NEW B-stock in black for $5600 per pair, sale price not confirmed.

I show a confirmed price of $3500, finish is unknown 09/01/18, location not known.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, avguytx said:

If it's oak sprayed black, no worries.  ;)  lol  I would imagine those are the ones chosen to paint if there are issues with the veneer not matching right or just doesn't look right.  Those go under the gun.

Your right.

Just speaking as someone who always bought black speakers. Now I face palm every time I think of when I bought new speakers and picked black. 

These are mine and i would be willing to take $2500 for them from someone here. I rarely spend time on any forums anymore and just looked here this morning to see if anyone else may be selling similar for comparison. please just respond to my number in add and ill receive that on my cell phone if interested. let me know you are on this forum also and thanks. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Schu said:

would be willing to separate?

On 7/1/2019 at 8:13 AM, vindeville said:

I rarely spend time on any forums anymore and just looked here this morning to see if anyone else may be selling similar for comparison. please just respond to my number in add and ill receive that on my cell phone if interested. let me know you are on this forum also and thanks. 

On 6/27/2019 at 5:21 PM, Heritage_Head said:

Your right.

Just speaking as someone who always bought black speakers. Now I face palm every time I think of when I bought new speakers and picked black. 

=== oh, I don’t know. Kinda like my Black LS1’s next to the Black Jubes/402 next to the Black H3’s adjacent to the Black RB75’s — just sayin’ - 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richieb said:

=== oh, I don’t know. Kinda like my Black LS1’s next to the Black Jubes/402 next to the Black H3’s adjacent to the Black RB75’s — just sayin’ - 

I think black looks fantastic. But I can see how my post might suggest I might not.

I've just switched gears a bit. But still like it. I was really really into the reference line tell I wasn't. Same thing I guess. 👍

Are those LS2s Black Ash veneer, or are they painted black?  Normally, if the only issue is a veneer mismatch, they'd be designated as B stock and sold as such.  This results in some great bargains, with minor flaws that don't affect the sound and don't bother many buyers.

I'd think that the veneer would have to be damaged or terribly blemished before they'd be painted black to cover it up.  Since there's visible wood grain, the paint, if any, is not opaque, and is not hiding much.