Outdoor FM Antenna Search

Peter P.

I don’t know much but I know antennas!  Go to innovantenna and check out the 8 element 88-108 Mhz OP-DES or look up taco fm broadcast band antennas. I don’t have time to find them now but will tonight if you can’t find. I use a VHF antenna and it works very well!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 6:35 AM, polizzio said:

I've bookmarked this because I'm gonna get once and a bunch of coax to run to my McIntosh MC113 Preamp Tuner in my Hippie Pad in the basement!

Thanks!!

John Kuthe...

1 hour ago, canyonman said:

To really get the most out of your FM antenna, you must use a rotor so you can direct it at the station in question. I use a FM 6 antenna mounted on a rotor and can hear stations clearly 90 miles away.

1 hour ago, canyonman said:

To really get the most out of your FM antenna, you must use a rotor so you can direct it at the station in question. I use a FM 6 antenna mounted on a rotor and can hear stations clearly 90 miles away.

Cool! My father was an amateur radio operator and he had an antenna with as rotor! Where can I get the rotor you type of, please?

John Kuthe...

4 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

I've bookmarked this because I'm gonna get once and a bunch of coax to run to my McIntosh MC113 Preamp Tuner in my Hippie Pad in the basement!

"Frequency range: 470-860(MHz)" -- That's a TV antenna, not an FM antenna. FM is roughly 88-108 MHz.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

Thanks!!

John Kuthe...

I hope you're joking-that thing is cheaper than a $5 haircut.

And as Edgar pointed out, it's not for broadcast FM; the lengths of the elements are much too short.

I contacted Channel Master and learned their Advantage and Masterpiece series antennas are suitable for FM even though they don't mention it on their web site.

Channel Master also sells all the accessories needed to complete an installation.