SOLD: Juicy Music Tercel & NOS Tube Set - $500 obo

psalm333

Had to reconfigure my 2 channel system and the phono preamp is no longer needed. Up for sale is a Juicy Music Tercel built by Mark in 2009. Has seen little use and still looks brand new. Includes the original tubes Mark ships with the Tercel as well as a set I purchased from Brent Jesse:

12AT7WA RCA blackplate 6201 military type; matched pair

12AX7 Telefunken diamond mark smoothplate

Asking $500 includes NOS tubes or $400 with stock tubes. Buyer to pay shipping, paypal fees, and insurance as requested. 

I do not have the original packaging but will take great care in packaging for shipment. 

Cheers,

Gary

Tercel front.jfif Tercel Side.jfif Tercel Back.jfif

Edited by psalm333
Added price to the post

P333, I believe you have to post a price. Try going to to the one of the other groups (2-channel might be your best bet), and ask for opinions/advice on value. Maybe start on the high end of the recommendations and work your way down, if it doesn't sell.

While there is no written forum rule requiring a posted price, it is generally considered unseemly to expect forum members to bid against each other.  There are auction sites for that.

Ideally, you state a price, for example $100.00, and the first person who accepts your offer is the new owner.  Should someone else later offer $101.00, it’s too late.  You determine what action is deemed to “accept” your offer.  You could honor a promise to pay.  I don’t recommend that.  You don’t want to turn down other offers on the strength of a mere promise to pay.  I would require payment in full, or, at a minimum, a non-refundable deposit (an option) to hold the item for an agreed number of days.  

There is is nothing wrong with members making offers, but once you accept an offer it should be over.  Members should not try to outbid each other.  For example, you post an asking price of $10,000.00.   Nothing prevents a member from offering $500.00, which you are free to accept or reject.  

IMO, once you accept an offer a contract is complete.  Other offers cannot be accepted.  The foregoing is my opinion based upon general contract principles.  You’re free to ignore the advice.

Good luck with your sale.

• Like 1

Sorry guys about the errant post not including asking price. My intention was not to create a bidding war. The post has been updated to include asking price. 

Now to answer a few questions in previous posts:

I can't recall what I paid, thinking it was around $600 to $700. I paid for the assembled version. It came as a kit that could be built also that was a couple 100 less. 

It does not have LOMC.

Thanks for the tips and interest.