Got to love Cali....

polizzio

7 minutes ago, babadono said:

for the cost of living.

From what I understand, the entire west coast has a very high cost of living.  It's amazing when you look at house prices there and what you could buy here for the same money.  If wages were proportionate to the expenses, I'm sure that it would be more tolerable.

What the heck.   Where is the safe room thread around here where we can start leading the delicates to ?   We cant even discuss the obvious atrocities that loom in many areas of the US ?

17 minutes ago, Max2 said:

Where is the safe room thread around here where we can start leading the delicates to ?   We cant even discuss the obvious atrocities that loom in many areas of the US ?

I don't think the issue is that people are too delicate but that some carry the whole "Tell it like is,"' thing to an uncivil level. 

43 minutes ago, Max2 said:

What the heck.   Where is the safe room thread around here where we can start leading the delicates to ?   We cant even discuss the obvious atrocities that loom in many areas of the US ?

Let’s just say that if people started posting generalizations about living in the South or rural america the idea of who is being delicate would shift very quickly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MenloBob said:

Let’s just say that if people started posting generalizations about living in the South or rural america the idea of who is being delicate would shift very quickly.

I'm fairly certain that happens already.  Personally I have no issues with people joking or ragging me about living in TX.  That sort of thing just doesn't bother me.  If I know that my comments bother someone however I'll stop.  Everybody has different hot buttons and sometimes it's hard to tell what they are until it's too late and you've already pushed it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm guilty of thinking that Californian's can take it.  I know my friends and family who live there don't care what I say or think.  :)

Every state has something we can make fun of for that matter.  I suggest we should probably make fun of our own state more.  

If the company you work for doesn't have differential pay based on where you live then it can make financial sense to live in the cheapest location possible.  Some of us are working too much to really benefit much from where we live beyond our homes where we spend most of the rest of our time.  Different priorities at different stages of life... eventually I won't care about the quality of schools as much but I will still be interested in the property taxes.