Southeast Michigan Gathering

DizRotus

21 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Please RSVP by PM including ways to contact you by email, text, and/or phone regarding this gathering.  Given the recent unavailability of the Klipsch forum, it is especially important that communication outside the forum is possible.

All forum members are welcome at my home in Birmingham as early as 10:00AM EDT on Saturday 8/10.  A light lunch and beverages will be provided.  In order to gauge the need for food and beverages, it is necessary to have a realistic idea of the attendance.

ASAP please RSVP by PM.  I have spoken to some included in the notifications below.  If you have already told me you’re attending, you need not do so again, but if your plans change please let me know.  I want to have enough, but not too much, food and beverages.

After lunch we travel to Pontiac to experience Claude’s amazing system.

Thank you,

Neil

@ClaudeJ1, @bhenry, @kevinmi, @Escher, @mopardave, @teaman, @Audio Flynn, @NOS Valves, @whell, @Pete H, @Treyphan, & @picky

I'll be at your place first thing, for sure, Neil. As to the parking situation, I have room for 5 vehicles from garage to street, plus 2 more on front and rear yard,  so I doubt we will have more cars than we can handle at my Man Cave Only Residence (no women are allowed there, LOL). This is why I can get away with BIG Stuff in my small living room. No WAF or GAF applies, been there done that, done with it. Until now, I never realized there were so many Klipscheads in Michigan.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, teaman said:

I just filed for divorce yesterday, and I am on my third week off of work with a bad infection in my thumb so I won't be able to attend. Sorry guys.

Sorry Tim.  Heal that thumb soon to be single guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Sorry Tim.  Heal that thumb soon to be single guy.

Thanks, this infected thumb is taking way longer than i expected to heal. In fact it doesn't look any better since I got out of the hospital two weekends ago.

Tim

3 hours ago, teaman said:

I just filed for divorce yesterday, and I am on my third week off of work with a bad infection in my thumb so I won't be able to attend. Sorry guys.

Sorry to hear about your.................................................................................................................................thumb 😀 J/K...hope everything works out for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Filing away that excuse for future begging-off:  "I'm getting newly-unwed and have a sore thumb!"

I apologize for the cavalier attitude since either reason can truly be debilitating, it's just the specific combination is so novel!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Given the recent unavailability of the Klipsch forum ...

Whatever other routing/server problems there were in the system, the domain's name servers were unavailable, and that's enough right there to make things go dark if machine addresses are unknown.

Do any attendees have any dietary restrictions I should know about?  Since my millennial son went vegan, I’m used to providing vegan menu options.

Does anyone know if quoting a post with notifications causes the notifications to be sent again?

Derrick @derrickdj1 if you haven’t seen, check your PM.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:00 AM, DizRotus said:

Do any attendees have any dietary restrictions I should know about?  Since my millennial son went vegan, I’m used to providing vegan menu options.

Since my gall bladder surgery, I'm only able to eat filet mignon  and lobster tail, washed down with a bottle of Dom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, kevinmi said:

Since my gall bladder surgery, I'm only able to eat filet mignon  and lobster tail, washed down with a bottle of Dom.

Good news.  We’ll be able to make space in the fridge for the food you bring.

• Haha 1

Please RSVP.  Whether YES or NO, it helps to plan.  If we run out of food, it’s unlikely anyone will suffer.  If we overbuy, the leftovers can make the brief trip to Claude’s.  Kevin @kevinmi can use a cooler to transport his prescription lobster and steak.

• Like 1

So August 10th is the final date? For some reason I'm getting no notices from the forum software... so if someone could update me of changes via email if you think of it that would be great. My life is a whirl wind so I just never log in here as much as I used too. I do plan to come to this get together.  email craigATnosvalvesDOTcom 

I'll also need the address. 

Thanks Craig

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NOSValves said:

So August 10th is the final date? For some reason I'm getting no notices from the forum software... so if someone could update me of changes via email if you think of it that would be great. My life is a whirl wind so I just never log in here as much as I used too. I do plan to come to this get together.  email craigATnosvalvesDOTcom 

Thanks Craig

Craig,

I’ll send a PM with all needed information.

Neil

15 minutes ago, NOSValves said:

Thanks Craig

Craig,

I’ll send a PM with all needed information.

Neil