Southeast Michigan Gathering

DizRotus

20 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

This one?

shure-sound-test.jpg

😂  😂  😂  😎

Looks like it.  Got mine with a long gone V-15 III.  I must have been concussed to give my Hot-Rodded AR table with SME arm and V-15 III cart to Purple Heart, along with a bunch of vinyl.  I hope some enthusiast(s) is/are enjoying them now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Starting my morning with a Danish . . . cartridge, that is.  Not being conversant in millinewtons, yesterday I guessed at a tracking force of 1.5 grams.  Turns out, 8-12 mN is .82 - 1.22 grams.  I’ll have to dial it back a bit.  I’ll find my Shure AudioObstacle Course test LP and see how the Ortofon performs.

image.jpg

Good thing the manual was still there.  I doubt you could find any thing on the Internet due to its age.  I'm really glad that you could use it. It does no one any good sitting in a drawer.

4 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Good thing the manual was still there.  I doubt you could find any thing on the Internet due to its age.  I'm really glad that you could use it. It does no one any good sitting in a drawer.

Duh, now that I posted the manual I see “Recommended tracking force   10mN (1.0 gm)”

2 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Me too!

I go to South WEST Michigan almost every late May/ early June. You would think that they could work something in around my schedule.

I never heard of out-of-State parole officers.😉

Too bad you can’t join us. I’m looking at Panera (St. Louis Bread Co. to you) as a catering source.  It’s coming down to Panera or Jersey Mike’s.  Any preferences anyone?  They’re both good, but I’m doing a several thousand dollar job at a soon to be opened Panera, so I feel a sense of obligation to Panera.  On the other hand, I’d get enough points at Jersey Mike’s for a car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s fortunate Claude @ClaudeJ1  no longer lives in downtown Pontiac in an old Packard dealership, as the Roadkill Nights legal street drag racing will close down Woodward Ave. in that area this Saturday.

While every nice day produces Woodward Dream Cruise Lite, we won’t have any problems getting from Birmingham to Pontiac on Saturday.  You will get a taste of the Dream Cruise as we travel several miles  north on Woodward before taking Telegraph Road to Claude’s.

5C9C0286-3213-4E6D-AE6A-C6C04E62549E.jp2

B2F6CB6D-08BA-4DB5-9B50-F93B399F5FAB.jp2

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DizRotus said:

You will get a taste of the Dream Cruise as we travel several miles  north on Woodward before taking Telegraph Road to Claude’s.

Maybe I should drive one of my 'Vettes down there instead of my Caddy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Miss it yet don't miss it. 

That's how I feel about the car in my avatar.  On the whole, I'm glad I sold it.  My days of pulling motors every few weeks to repair a Tilton hydraulic throwout bearing are in the rearview mirror.  I knew those days were over  when I bought a used Miata with every intention of stuffing another Buiick/Rover  3.5L V8 into it, but couldn't bring myself to do it.  That Miata was bullet-proof until rust in the rockers prompted its sale.

post-6832-0-93440000-1423926401_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DizRotus said:

It’s fortunate Claude @ClaudeJ1  no longer lives in downtown Pontiac in an old Packard dealership, as the Roadkill Nights legal street drag racing will close down Woodward Ave. in that area this Saturday.

While every nice day produces Woodward Dream Cruise Lite, we won’t have any problems getting from Birmingham to Pontiac on Saturday.  You will get a taste of the Dream Cruise as we travel several miles  north on Woodward before taking Telegraph Road to Claude’s.

5C9C0286-3213-4E6D-AE6A-C6C04E62549E.jp2 554.56 kB · 8 downloads

B2F6CB6D-08BA-4DB5-9B50-F93B399F5FAB.jp2 348.6 kB · 5 downloads

I thought the Dream Cruise was on the 17th, not the 10th? But I"m pretty sure some people will have a week early start as so many "Cruisers" are retired and come up a week before to get better accommodations. 

13 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I thought the Dream Cruise was on the 17th, not the 10th?

The official Woodward Dream Cruise does technically start Saturday 8/17.  Nonetheless, Roadkill Nights legal street drag racing (at least until someone dies) on Woodward Ave. in Pontiac is tomorrow 8/10.

Tomorrow afternoon, as we make our way north to your place, I'll take our visitors up Woodward,  They'll see many classic cars, which are but the tip of the iceberg compared to next Saturday (next Friday will be crazy too),  I'll be up north to escape the Cruise next week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

The official Woodward Dream Cruise does technically start Saturday 8/17.  Nonetheless, Roadkill Nights legal strteet drag racing on Woodward Ave. in Pontiac is tomorrow 8/10.

Tomorrow afternoon, as we make our way north to your place, I'll take our visitors up Woodward,  They'll see many classic cars, which are but the tip of the iceberg compared to next Saturday (next Friday will be crazy too),  I'll be up north to escape the Cruise next week.

When I lived in the middle of it, 2 years ago, there was no excape, with lots of people set up right in front of the building on the grassy triangle. A car lover's paradise either way. Good excuse to party.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kevinmi said:

The Back to the Bricks car thingy goes on all next week up here, with the cars show on Saturday. Last year they had 600,000 people attend. Its getting out of hand. Soon there will be a cruise all the way from Flint to Detroit.

Me and the wife will be down town next Friday night for the flint bricks cruise with my Barracuda.  Gonna set out side the 501, drink beer and check out the other cars cruising.  Should be a good time.