Southeast Michigan Gathering

DizRotus

Well, my fellow Klipsheads just left. I'm sure their hearing will recover soon , but the younger ones will can no longer bear children. I think we were hitting 124 db peaks in the Sub Bass regions, with the "Flight of the Phoenix" plane crash. This should eventually reach 130 db peaks when I'm done building my Super Tapped horn Sub, which was still in pieces when they arrived. Thanks to DizRotus for organizing this event. Hope everyone had fun. I know I did. Looking forward to the next one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks to all who made the trip to visit the Oakland County chapter of Klipsch Anonymous.  It was the right move to go first.  My DIY Super Heresys with four DIY Lil’Mike Exodus Anarchy TH subs would have been a disappointment following Claude’s amazing MEH and subs system.

I’m a failure as a host.  I forgot to put out the Frito-Lay variety pack of chips to go with the Jersey Mike’s subs.  Oh well,  I’ll eat them myself, but then I‘ll need a new “husky” wardrobe.

@ClaudeJ1@picky, @Picky's_Son_1974, @mopar dave, @kevinmi, @Dave1290, & @Skelt

In approximate reverse order of distance traveled.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Oh well,  I’ll eat them myself, but then I‘ll need a new “husky”

That's the only size I"ve ever worn. I'm built like the men on my mom's side of the family. You're welcome to my closet, should the calories ever accumulate against you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks to all who made the trip to visit the Oakland County chapter of Klipsch Anonymous.  It was the right move to go first.  My DIY Super Heresys with four DIY Lil’Mike Exodus Anarchy TH subs would have been a disappointment following Claude’s amazing MEH and subs system.

I’m a failure as a host.  I forgot to put out the Frito-Lay variety pack of chips to go with the Jersey Mike’s subs.  Oh well,  I’ll eat them myself, but then I‘ll need a new “husky” wardrobe.

@ClaudeJ1@picky, @Picky's_Son_1974, @mopar dave, @kevinmi, @Dave1290, & @Skelt

In approximate reverse order of distance traveled.

Had a good time thanks to you and Claude for hosting.  

• Thanks 1

It's been a LONG time since I've written one of these!    

Subject: After Action Report for the Oakland County Chapter of the Klipsch Anonymous..  

First call @ Zero dark thirty SUCKED!  The arrival of Skelt was timely and appreciated although his thermos of hot coffee smelled divine in comparison to my iced down HUGE mugga Diet Dr. Pepper!

Arrived at the County Seat of Oakland County, ichigan approx 1.5 hours prior to designated arrival time only to leave the headlights on @ a nearby McDonald's while we ate breakfast.  Distress msg sent to host with no response but host was aware I had jumper cables in my vehicle.  IF he sent a rescue vehicle it was not seen and is possibly still driving around in Oakland County.

Arrived at @DizRotus approximately 5 minutes late after getting a jump from a kind young, Sparty hat wearing, dude who said he had spent 4 years in Columbus, Ohio.  An assumption was made that he was a possible Buckeye graduate.  An Ohio license plate ANYwhere in the State of ichigan is totally ignored by most residents for some unknown reason.  Most Buckeyes when in the State of ichigan are compassionate and understanding.  It should be noted that host was wearing a Sparty T-Shirt for some reason.

After a cordial welcome by all involved we listened to a few tunes outside on his patio enjoying the sounds and his well-manicured estate.  Lunch was served prior to going inside to listen to his main system.  Sounded fantastic!

Traveled to @ClaudeJ1 place w/host #1 safely.  A mere folding chair on his porch was the designated smoking area which was the perfect option after about 30 minutes of listening to his system.  A great spot to smoke, catch your breath, and to let your Central Nervous System un-wind!  Yes, UN-WIND!  Perhaps the host knew the chair would be needed.  BOTH hosts were fantastic and know their Schiit!

Summation:  The "Buckeye" invasion was well received by all members of the group!  The hosts were amazing!  The other members of the chapter were cordial and time spent was refreshing!  In all, one heck of a day with a group of guys I truly enjoyed spending time with.  I look forward to the next meeting of the chapter and learning more about you all!  Great time guys and enjoyed it more than you know!

Recommendation:  Eliminate ALL full-body massage requests.  Subjects could lean on the interior or exterior walls of @ClaudeJ1 's residence and have the same experience.  A fantastic foot massage is continuous inside.  Hearing protection is recommended!  Operator is SOOOO NOT RIGHT!   😂   😎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I've travelled cross country twice for little get-togethers. Once to Montana and again to Maine.  Not a waste of time. Always nice to know the folks you're chatting [online] with.

WillyBob, 

You and your favored style of clothing at a Klipsch gathering reminds me of that Doris Day classic:

K Sarong Sarong

• Haha 1

Perhaps a get together here next year for the second largest festival in Ohio?  The Bratwurst Festival is a hoot for everyone including the kids.  PLENTY to do for everyone and it ALWAYS sorts itself!  Most of the organizations like the Elks, Moose, etc open their lots and have bands in their Beer Gardens every evening soooo from 10 til 2AM there IS something to do.  The festival usually brings in a headliner on Saturday night for everyone but the Beer Gardens?  Ha, they're cookin too.  We're big kids, the house is open, plenty of room and it just happens.  Additionally, ya got a tour guide who can park the rides close and free.  Nice new Weber here for the brats and I'm all about saving the money!  Let's do it!?

I had a great time at the gathering. It was nice having MoparDave along for the ride to keep me company and be my navigator.The Jersey Mike's subs were to die for! DizRotus' super Heresies and HIP's were outstanding, putting out way more sound than their small size would lead you to believe was capable. On the other end of the spectrum was Claude's monster subwoofer loaded system that registered at least a 7.2 on the Richter Scale! A truly amazing experience to see what can be accomplished on a small scale and a grand scale.

Meeting people in person that you have only corresponded to on the Klipsch Community was really a treat, as everyone had a common like for good sounding speakers. Can't wait for the next gathering!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@kevinmi  Great meeting you and that navigator also!  Your analysis is spot ON!  Yea, that Richter scale didn't even come into play w/my total outta body experience!  lolol  Neil's system DID give you that "bang for the buck" sound I wondered about at  first.  I was like how's this gonna really sound?  Found out real quick it was gonna sound great. Just wish I would have remembered those brats for you two.  Next year come on down and bring your A game!   :)

• Like 1