SOLD: Palladium P37f | For Sale ($3,000 OBO) OR Trade (RF7-III)

BassMaykr

SOLD 7/1/2019 - Thanks for your interest! I have a forum member making a trade with RF-7 III's. If anything changes I will re-open the sale.

Looking to sell a pair of barely used, Good-to-Excellent condition Merlot Palladium P37f Floorstanding Speakers.

These are absolutely fantastic speakers. My reason for selling is these beauties have filled the role of the super precise, refined, audiophile sound, but I recently purchased a pair of Bowers & Wilkins, so the two pairs are a little redundant. As such, I'd be willing to trade for a pair of RF7-III's since their sound would create some variety. I'd also be willing to part with them for around $3,000... make an offer!

The speakers are in great condition, there are just a few very minor, correctable imperfections that I will call out:

1. I only have one of the boxes. The other box was the victim of a flood in my storage room.
  2. The horn portion of the silver Klipsch logo, which turns out to just be a sticker, came off of each tower. These can probably be re-applied but doesn't really detract from the appearance unless you're aware they were originally there.
  3. There are two very minor scuffs on one of the metal bases (picture attached). These can probably be sanded down as they are on the smooth edge.

I'm located in Southern NJ. Since I'm missing one of the boxes, this would be LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. Palladiums are becoming harder to come by! First come first serve - help find these puppies a good home.

I'd be happy to provide bubble wrap or some other material and help pack up for transport. More pictures available upon request.

Front.jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

Beautiful speakers. 

Which B&Ws did you get? 

I bought Palladiums to get away from a pair of B&W Signature 800s.  Great speakers, but difficult to drive (I had two Classe CAM 350s pouring 700 watts each into them and they just used all of it up).  The Palladiums are much easier to drive and to me were a lateral move sound wise, probably more dynamic.  I bought some B&W 805s just to have some of their 800s. 

To anyone considering these, remember the 'P37' means three 7" woofers, so with the smallest Palladium, you are starting off with more woofer area than RF7s.  They are also about the same size as RF 7s.  I use a pair for surrounds with P38s and a P27C, and had considered selling the P37s, but they are just so pretty to look at.  A guy was here yesterday selling me some JBL bookshelves and was shocked when he asked 'what are those?' and I said Klipsch speakers. 

You should hold onto these for a year or so before selling.  You might chnage your mind.  I'm glad that I did not sell mine.

• Like 1

Thanks man - I ended up with the B&W 803d3's. I found an excellent deal and couldn't pass it up. Klipsch and B&W have always had my heart since I walked into my first stereo store as a kid, so I always wanted a pair of each.

The P37f's are indeed beautiful. Funny you should say that about holding on to them for a year - that's exactly what I did! I think if I had more room I would just keep them, but it makes me feel bad that they're just collecting dust. I'd rather they find a good home - if someone wanted to trade for RF-7 III's then I'd have some of the best of both worlds. :) 

Glad you still have yours - they're really great. From a pure sound standpoint I really don't think the B&W's are even better, per se - just a little different. You're getting most of the sound of the 800 series with the 805's - it's all about that tweeter and midrange woofer anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moray james said:

I think that would be a reasonable trade three way for two way. Mid horns are about the exact same size woofers probably close to each other. I would love to hear an a/b of the two speakers! A very good presentation of two quality sets of three way and two way.

I heard an A/B comparison between P38s and RF7lls in the same room and the same electronics. the room was highly treated. They sounded more similar than I thought they would, but there was a pretty substantial difference between the two. The RF7lls kept up in the bass or low end, but the mid and highs on the Palladiums was much more clear, clean, and natural. To me, the Palladiums just sounded better overall. I think the Palladiums shine in both music or movies.

14 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I heard an A/B comparison between P38s and RF7lls in the same room and the same electronics. the room was highly treated. They sounded more similar than I thought they would, but there was a pretty substantial difference between the two. The RF7lls kept up in the bass or low end, but the mid and highs on the Palladiums was much more clear, clean, and natural. To me, the Palladiums just sounded better overall. I think the Palladiums shine in both music or movies.

I have never heard them in the same room or on the same equipment, but that sounds about right.  That last 10% to 20% gets very expensive in audio.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Schu said:

If you were closer I'd make an offer on these lil'beauties...

You once told me its P39s or nothing. 😵

These are great speakers.  Add a good fast sub that can keep up and you are all set if you have a room that is really big.  I stumbled on the P38s or I would have kept the P37's as mains, 

Hey thanks and that was a very good opportunity for you. What you heard would be I think what most would expect given that the Paladium is a true Klipsch flagship speaker of its type and also given the price tag. But as I said I would expect them to sound more alike than different. The very much larger mid driver of the Paladium is going to offer much low distortion that the CD can so the CD is simply not going to match in that respect you can figure that one out on paper even without the audition. Now if you had a very much better CD on the RF7ll along with some better parts in the networks then I think you would have a dog fight on your hands and I think that then ones personal preference for a two way or a three way would be a major determining factor. Always good to hear the flagship product of a company like the entry level it shows off what they can do.

11 minutes ago, moray james said:

Hey thanks and that was a very good opportunity for you. What you heard would be I think what most would expect given that the Paladium is a true Klipsch flagship speaker of its type and also given the price tag. But as I said I would expect them to sound more alike than different. The very much larger mid driver of the Paladium is going to offer much low distortion that the CD can so the CD is simply not going to match in that respect you can figure that one out on paper even without the audition. Now if you had a very much better CD on the RF7ll along with some better parts in the networks then I think you would have a dog fight on your hands and I think that then ones personal preference for a two way or a three way would be a major determining factor. Always good to hear the flagship product of a company like the entry level it shows off what they can do.

The audition was at the Klipsch HQ in Indy. Both speakers were driven by a high powered SS amps and pre. I was there with an engineer that designed both speakers. He is extremely proud of both speaker lines, but I hear him brag more about the RF7ll and now the RF7lll. He says with a little XO work, the new RF7llls would sing. He probably talks more about them since they are their current offering. 

I did hear him say that if he could build a bigger cabinet for the Palladium towers, especially the P39, they would be hard to beat. He made a slight XO change on the P38 that he hooked me up on, after the audition.