Heresy 2s in Seattle, race to your checkbook!

Ryan from WA

PNW is out of control on pricing. Want some CWll's for $2500? And that's REDUCED from $3000. I've seen others joke here about owners being men who put up for sale to please the wife and purposefully over price so it won't sell. I can't help but think there is a lot of that going on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, KlipschFish said:

Not quite sure what you are disgruntled about...those are dealer demo models, and as stated only a year and a half old.  Obviously, "vintage" models of each of those will sell for considerably less.  You may have to resort to a road trip or shipping from California, etc.

4 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

if you had purchased these two sets of loudspeakers brand new a year and a half ago and they were now in the same condition as those at this shop and you wanted to now purchase sets of the latest models what would you be asking for your speakers? I fail to see why you are upset because someone wants what you suggest is too much for their speakers. They have to establish a realistic asking price for a loudspeaker which will probably be sold with a full factory honored warranty which is more than you could offer.

3 hours ago, KlipschFish said:

Disgruntled because I don't have that kind of money! Not hard to understand

no it is not hard to understand but it is counter productive. All the things that you admire greatly and wish for may well remain beyond your ability to purchase, then what? That is a very large club in which to be a member. Why not then use your energy to find something just as good or better to have which you can afford? The used market place is full of superb products which no longer retain their number one place in the spot light. These can often be had for much less than the next number one product (there is always a new number one, it never ends). Sometimes you can find older used products which had at the time new sales prices that were many times greater than what you may be lusting over and can now be found for much less. Sometimes those products were then and still may be better than the new whatever it is you have been disgruntled with.

Lots of very fine gear out there and much of it is worth learning about. Great classics are such for good reason(s). For me even used was too much and that lead me to DIY and then to a career in audio. Good luck on you journey.

• Thanks 1

Someone listed their 70s khorns in okay shape, all original for 10k a couple weeks ago. I think people in my area aren't really interested in selling their stuff, rather just seeing how much they can get for it. Most people believe their stuff is worth more than it is, and think they should get a discount off whatever you're selling... 

Most of the klipsch stuff on craigslist around here has been reposted again and again, some of it I swear for over a year. I guess it is a bit of a niche market