maybe stupid question ? but I need to ask..please!!!

angelluisg

I bought RP-280F pair .. for Left and Right ..question? my klipsch RF-42 II (old) can I used, how surround back? or surround?

how I get better sound for movies,, with surrounds RB-41II  or this RF-42II? 

thanks for help.

my sistem 

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround and surround back RB-41 II

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (2 pair Dolby atmos front, 2 pair Dolby Atmos back, Left, center, Right )

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

• Like 1

Are you asking how to upgrade surround speakers or if you can use your rf42 as surrounds?

You can use rf42 as surrounds np if you can get placement right. If placed right they imo would be better than rb-41 but probably not much. 

In the reference line I really liked using speakers like the pic below (rp-502s). The rs-42, rs-52, and rs-62ii worked great. But the speakers below would match your front stage better than the RS line. 

https://www.klipsch.com/products/rp-502s-surround-sound-speakerRP-502S_Black-Vinyl_Pair.jpg

I like book shelfs for rears (7.1). So you can stay with the rb41. But the rp-504 or rp-402 on the sides imo would probably be better. 

I should note.... I haven't owned the rp-504 or the rp-402. But there very close im sure to the rs-42/52/62 and ive owned all 3 of them.

This pic is when I had rb-62ii as rears. And rs-62ii as sides. 

picforposter.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You can use the surrounds you mentioned with the speakers you mentioned, BUT, they are brighter and you may be able to tell, whether or not it bothers you isn't something we can answer.  I put RS-62II and RP-502S in the same room and the RS-62II measured about 4 db hotter on everything above 4.5 khz.  You should get similar results on the top end.  So, you might want to EQ them down a little if you can.  The RP-502S / 402S / 250S is voiced to be more proper with the 280F and 8000F.  

• Like 1

@MetropolisLakeOutfitters thanks a lot... good advice...for my space in front tv (living Room size 13 x 31 . 403 sq feet complete, used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet) .  and my speakers will be RP-402S..

question? it is gonna be more envolvent, immersive? what do you recommend? 

my system 

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround RB-41 II and 

Klipsch Surround back Rp-160m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (7 channels used, 2 pair Dolby Atmos front and back L-C-R)

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

1 minute ago, angelluisg said:

question? it is gonna be more envolvent, immersive? 

Like I said before the ones you mentioned will be brighter.  Upper treble will be noticeably louder.  I'd get the matching ones unless you're on a budget and need to use the current ones.  

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, angelluisg said:

my klipsch RF-42 II (old) can I used, how surround back? or surround?

how I get better sound for movies,, with surrounds RB-41II  or this RF-42II? 

I would use the towers for side surrounds and the bookshelf speakers for rears and you should be okay.

23 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Upper treble will be noticeably louder

You may be correct but my guess a lot of people wouldn't be able to tell and if they use an EQ program that may tame them as well.