What to pair?

jl135w7

Ok here’s my current set up. I have a pioneer elite  receiver. I have a rc3 center, 2 r820f towers for the front, I have 2 rf3 towers as rear surround, I have 2 Rs-3 for side surround, 12” sub and 4 Dolby atmos modules on top of all 4 towers. I’m looking to update my center and surrounds to match my new front towers. What surround and center will match well with my r820f floor standers? Also debating not having rear towers and just mounting speakers on the rear wall but then my Dolby atmos modules won’t have anywhere to sit in the back. 

766EF878-FC54-4F6E-A31F-4811A6796378.jpeg

8379218A-8CEF-4CDB-9AFD-41793A7BB52B.jpeg

8B7E5957-BC4F-4628-AF71-FF4AB0A3959D.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice room...

A 3rd matching center is always best. But in your case I would be looking at the 504 center or the 64iii. Only draw back on the rc64ii is its another level all together (sound wise) and probably is going to make you really really want rf7iii.

When I had rf82 I upgraded the rc62 to the rc64ii. That sound started a massive upgrade marathon that im still running (almost a decade later). 

For side surrounds the rp-502 would be pretty nice in that room.

I would move that sub behind the couch like pic below. This will cost nothing and be a huge bass upgrade. 

DSCN1002.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah I was thinking that getting reference premiere speakers would be nice to have but wasn’t sure if they would outshine my brand new reference series floor standers. Also, I had already purchased a 2nd subwoofer for this set up. Should i still try to put one in the back of the couch area?

On 7/2/2019 at 5:24 AM, jl135w7 said:

What surround and center will match well with my r820f floor standers?

R-34C, R-52C

R-51M, R-41M, R-41SA

of course if you ever thought about upgrading in the future then jump to a nicer center then upgrade your towers later.  RP-504C and RP-502S if you want RP-8000F's, or RC-64III if you ever want RF-7III's.  Otherwise the stuff above technically matches best. 

• Like 1