Does anyone know what model sub this is?

Oicu812

@Oicu812,

Found it.

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/gadgets/klipsch-ifi-ipod-speaker-system.asp

Klipsch iFi iPod Speaker System

"The 8-inch subwoofer, designed specifically for this system, has a built-in Class D amplifier that distributes 200 watts of peak system power to successfully drive all the channels. It also features a slot port and line level input. A unique tuning approach is used to achieve a sound character typically found in much larger subwoofer boxes."

Personally, I would not pay more than $45.00 for it.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, willland said:

@Oicu812,

Found it.

http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/gadgets/klipsch-ifi-ipod-speaker-system.asp

Klipsch iFi iPod Speaker System

"The 8-inch subwoofer, designed specifically for this system, has a built-in Class D amplifier that distributes 200 watts of peak system power to successfully drive all the channels. It also features a slot port and line level input. A unique tuning approach is used to achieve a sound character typically found in much larger subwoofer boxes."

Personally, I would not pay more than $45.00 for it.

Bill

Nice job!  The seller is asking $50 for it, so I think I shall pass.  I already have an 8" sub that works well.

30 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

Nice job!  The seller is asking $50 for it, so I think I shall pass.  I already have an 8" sub that works well.

Considering the amp in the sub is at minimum 13 years old I think you passing on it for $50.00 is a good choice.  Offer $30.00 maybe?

Bill

2 minutes ago, willland said:

Considering the amp in the sub is at minimum 13 years old I think you passing on it for $50.00 is a good choice.  Offer $30.00 maybe?

Bill

I really don't think it is worth 2+ hours in the car, and then $30 on top of that.  Nice thought, though.

If I am going to get another sub it will be a definite upgrade, and the SW8 II will be relegated to the master bedroom system.  I'm looking for something in the 12" to 15" range.  I might just buy a 15" subwoofer driver, and put it in the second KP-1000 cab.  I have plenty of these organ amplifiers, so I will set it up with a dedicated amp, which is pushing a true 100w RMS.