Single 2005 Klipsch Belle in Mahogany in Little Rock

avguytx

I was going to point this speaker out in a different sub-forum but figured this would be the best as any.  Not very often you see ribbon Mahogany Belle's, or any Klipsch for that matter, but unfortunately, this is just a single.  Seeing a pair of  these years ago was what made me want to use the veneer on my clone build.  Great looking speaker.  Being a 2005 model and seeing the back edge of the crossover, I wonder if that one is using t he AB-3 crossover that has the ump-teen amount of parts in it?  Roy had talked about the AB-3 being the steeper order crossover that he and PWK worked with towards the end of the Belle when PWK was kind of warming up to the steeper slope crossover design.  Thought about building a pair of those....only if a wild hair hits me and I have nothing better to do.

No affilliation.  It's Phil's ad.

https://littlerock.craigslist.org/ele/d/maumelle-klipsch-belle-stereo-speaker/6925096794.html

image.png.5186183440681bae05cc299166872700.png

image.png.fd4da072a0c420a1a628a4f8ea8e59e5.png

image.png.61e75b6e6e8bef24b5c62217bc800932.png

• Like 2

I figure that's the AB-3 crossover as you can see the sand resistors on the right side of the board.  Yep....definitely looks good.  Who was it here who got the Mahogany Klipschorns?  This would make a great center speaker! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkwa1959 said:

I am the guy that bought the ribbon mahogany Klipschorns,but I never plan on using them in a system that would require a center channel.

Nope...definitely not room for a Belle center channel. ;) Or much need, I wouldn't think. 

This is the same speaker that I sold to a Houston, Texas forum member: "Kamron T"  on 01/21/2019 for $800.

I gave him a special deal because he was a fellow forum member.

Looks like he flipped it to a flipper?

Edited by blindman
typo in the date of the sale
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/3/2019 at 11:23 PM, avguytx said:

Nope...definitely not room for a Belle center channel. ;) Or much need, I wouldn't think. 

No need, I already have 3 Lascala II’s I bought from Rich and I am only using 2 of those,I still have the 3rd Lascala II wrapped in moving blankets .I never plan on selling these and if we move to a home with a big enough room I will use Klipschorns for front left and right 1 Lascalla for a center and the other 2 as rears and could use the 2 Belles I just bought for sides.Then I would need a pair of Klipschorns in black.

image.jpg

• Like 1