LaScala Restoration Project.

Forte Too

Thanks for posting your project.

I really liked the patina on post #7, and had it been me I might have been tempted to keep them like that. There is some hard life history oozing from them!

But the black duratex looks really classy, they turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, donmark said:

Thanks for posting your project.

I really liked the patina on post #7, and had it been me I might have been tempted to keep them like that. There is some hard life history oozing from them!

But the black duratex looks really classy, they turned out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the patina look too but that wasn't going to happen with these beaters. I actually got them from another member that rehabbed many LSs and he decided these couldn't be brought back. If you look closely, there is a fair amount of bondo in many places.  The duratex is hiding a lot of sins. I have a couple pair of Belles that look pretty. These spend time in a warehouse, outside, riding in a pick up, parties, etc. Sound darn good outside.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, codewritinfool said:

They're done!  Thread is here:   

They look like this:

... and they sound fantastic!

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed your build thread. I just re read it from start to finish. I really like build threads.

Thanks for sharing again.

I find it odd that when you posted the link to your thread that you had many many photos on, it used a photo I posted on your thread. What are the odds?

19 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed your build thread. I just re read it from start to finish. I really like build threads.

Thanks for sharing again.

I find it odd that when you posted the link to your thread that you had many many photos on, it used a photo I posted on your thread. What are the odds?

Me too.

Yeah, I saw that too and I'm not sure how it picks thread photos.  I don't mind it, I guess.