WARNING: American Flags on display

richieb

32 minutes ago, babadono said:

oh poor Colin... living in a country that has allowed you to become a multi millionaire...oh....boo.....hoo....

For playing a game no less.

And living in a country with constitutionally protected free speech no less.

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

I realize I'm not saying anything that has not been said a million times before and probably to his face  but people who think we have not made strides in this nation vis a vis racial relations are....what's the word......LOST....or is it ....DELUSIONAL. Could it be better? Of course.

Sure, but why are so many white people's buttons still pushed by this guy? 😕 Racial issues aren't my thing because I'm an old white dude and can't help but think there are more things to be outraged about than this guy and Nike...Like I said, Nike and Kapernick will take that outrage to the bank so why bother....That's my take.

• Confused 1

Gotta Love Nike and Colon

Subcontracting their work to sweat shops in places like Vietnam who pay their workers pennies to produce Air Jordans to sell to inner city kids a $200 a pop.

Bravo!

9 minutes ago, EmilC said:

Gotta Love Nike and Colon

Subcontracting their work to sweat shops in places like Vietnam who pay their workers pennies to produce Air Jordans to sell to inner city kids a $200 a pop.

Bravo!

Just like a lot of corporations do.  Where is the sweatshop that made the clothes you are wearing right now?  It's on the label.  What you gotta love is hypocrisy.  It is the world we live in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

The flag police care.  (there is no flag police)

But when shopping for their Independence Day outfits, consumers should also remember a little known fact: under the U.S. Flag Code, any clothes with the flag on it are technically illegal.

"Every item of apparel that they're wearing that has an American flag on it: shirt, shorts, bikini, hat, technically is in violation of the flag code," said Marc Leepson, author of "Flag: An American Biography."

I cringe when I see people how care for a flag now. No respect. Leaving them up until the wind shreds them down.... let alone know how a flag is folded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Just like a lot of corporations do.  Where is the sweatshop that made the clothes you are wearing right now?  It's on the label.  What you gotta love is hypocrisy.  It is the world we live in.

It's all about the Benjamins no doubt.

Nike and Colon couldn't care less about the oppressed or the Vietnamese child working under harsh conditions to produce those Jordans.

Fighter for the oppressed my ***

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I cringe when I see people how care for a flag now. No respect. Leaving them up until the wind shreds them down.... let alone know how a flag is folded.

I live in a military town, I cringe also, the flags around here on peoples houses are shredded and torn. Displayed all night without a light you name it. I do not get it.

Just an observation but.. People that are constantly trying to present themselves as the most virtuous online, seem to fall very short of this virtue in person.

People need to stop judging everyone else constantly and should start focusing on what they are doing to better themselves and others around them. 

Back to the flag, waive it high and proud if you’d like and don’t if you don’t believe in what it represents. Just respect the flag and realize that it is one of the reasons you aren’t forced to celebrate or waive it in the first place. 

I just about sprained my ankle, stepping of this damn soapbox. Ouch! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, K5SS said:

Just an observation but.. People that are constantly trying to present themselves as the most virtuous online, seem to fall very short of this virtue in person.

People need to stop judging everyone else constantly and should start focusing on what they are doing to better themselves and others around them. 

Back to the flag, waive it high and proud if you’d like and don’t if you don’t believe in what it represents. Just respect the flag and realize that it is one of the reasons you aren’t forced to celebrate or waive it in the first place. 

I just about sprained my ankle, stepping of this damn soapbox. Ouch! 

Poor baby!  At least you have a soapbox...

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, K5SS said:

I agree but this is the post that started this thread:

3 hours ago, richieb said:

=== advance warning to Colin Kapernick  — to avoid another of your tantrums please be aware there is a 5 mile long roadside display of American Flags at GPS coordinates 39.02088 - 94.693784. I would hate for you attempting shutting down a city as you did with Nike. Although I feel confident the city has much bigger ballz than Nike — but then, who doesn’t—

and evidently the moderators don't understand that Kapernick taking a knee is seen as a political and it definitely deals with Race issues. Btw, I'm not reporting it but trying to point out the obvious. Hope everyone has a happy 4th of July!

59 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Poor baby!  At least you have a soapbox...

Lol. Evidently Kapernick haters have a soapbox. I couldn't care less about the guy but folks keep bringing him up and I have to wonder where these conversations are taking place...

12 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

and evidently the moderators don't understand that Kapernick taking a knee is seen as a political and it definitely deals with Race issues.

Or maybe the moderators that you're always so quick to criticize don't read every thread every second of the day.

• Like 2