Atmos placement

AHall

As I enter the atmos world I want to do things right. With my 9ft ceilings it puts the frontal and rearward placement of my height speakers at 47-117” using the Dolby spec of 30-55°. 

With my couch being closer to the rear wall it places the rear atmos directly over the surround backs. 

My question is if I should cheat the rear height speakers a little closer to the couch to maintain some separation away from the surround backs. 

Would you place the front speakers at the A or B position if it were you? And would you place the rear at A or B? 

Gotten strong opinions toward both locations. 

Aa3hg6U.jpg

K2nqMSb.jpg

VWVI22k.jpg

10 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

+1

No help on the question. But Jubs with heritage everywhere seems pretty freaking awesome indeed! Lucky baby in that crib 👍

My original plan was to have all heritage. Now I’ve learned the awesomeness of the pro line. I’m switching the forte 2 rears for kpt8060s. I’ve put k510s in my cornwalls. They are biamped and run active with a xilica 2040. Heresy center is biamped and active with k510 on top. Adding ic800t in ceiling speakers for atmos. 

14 hours ago, Born2RockU said:

I'm clueless, ..but I can't wait to visit you, brotha...when this is all done !

Hell yea man. Can’t wait

• Like 3

I have a recess under the front soffit for my projector screen. The fireplace mount allows me to have the tv at a proper height when I’m using it. Then stow away in the upward position for projector use and music listening. 

hjqCI8d.jpg

RVyeHE3.jpg

d1zYpyp.jpg

UHZv1pr.jpg