Blue Ray Player Issue

Rod5

I just hooked up my new Yamaha rx-a3070 with the new Sony x800m2 Blue Ray Player. When I try to play a dvd, it will play for a few minutes then gives me a "Cable box has no signal" message.  I tried hooking my old blue ray player on and it gives me a weird picture color and no sound.  I tired hooking the Sony player straight to my  TV with a small 4k hdmi cable and it works fine.  I am using 40 feet hdmi cables from my Audio closet to my TV which I did not think would be  a problem.  Do I need a 4k Extender to solve this issue or is there a setting in the reciever or Sony blue ray Player that needs to be set? I did a system update on my reciever but that did not solve the problem.  The Xfinity cable box channels work fine. I also changed out hdmi cables to see if I had a bad hdmi cable and that did not work either.  Any suggestions or have anyone had this problem?

Thanks

• Like 1

I have been trying to find my message I sent on there and I can't  find it.  The forum says they are not taking any more messages at this time so I thought it did not go through. Thanks for letting me know it went through!

• Like 1