A/4500 78 LaScala ct-125

21 minutes ago, Deang said:

Ewww lol

Cincy said,

Thanks,  I've put ALK steep slopes in La Scalas without having to move a thing. Pictures will help!

Deang replied

Ewww lol

And my Dear Wife made me take them out! Dean's AA's rule! 

And to to be totally truthful, my Khorns went the exact same route. ALK's replaced by the man from Kettering's work. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, guf said:

Yup, yup, I excited to get the xo’s from dean. I got the new Tweeter’s, the 120s. Been  running those for days. Pumping 1.5 watts through them and loving it. 

You are about to be amazed. My La Scalas had the 120's as tweeters too. Dean's AA's made them sit up and sing.

Cincy

• Like 2

Guf will be doing modified Type A's, where I knock an additional 3dB off of the midrange. He will have to use an extra 1/4 watt before they bloom.  🙂 I'm not in the least bit worried - he'll be blown away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cincymat said:

You are about to be amazed. My La Scalas had the 120's as tweeters too. Dean's AA's made them sit up and sing.

Cincy

Yeaaaa buddy!  Dean's sneaky like that!  The Jupiter's he made for me are absolutely incredible.  My LS just kick butt!  Not just mine either.  Those who sit here do NOTHING but smile.  My mailman who's a younger friend of mine and delivers my route came in one day and spent 15 minutes just grinnin.  Got up to leave and said, "Now THAT'S the way it SHOULD sound!"  I just laffed at him and told him just to bring the Heineken next time.  lolol  Buckle up Guf!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Deang said:

Guf will be doing modified Type A's, where I knock an additional 3dB off of the midrange. He will have to use an extra 1/4 watt before they bloom.  🙂 I'm not in the least bit worried - he'll be blown away.

Pretty sure that's what my Xovers were on the La Scalas. The presence and realism will knock your socks off.

I have the flat stacks with my Khorns now (thanks Schu). Sounds very nice.

Cincy

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

My mailman who's a younger friend of mine and delivers my route came in one day and spent 15 minutes just grinnin.  Got up to leave and said, "Now THAT'S the way it SHOULD sound!"  I just laffed at him and told him just to bring the Heineken next time.  lolol  Buckle up Guf!

Can you get you friend to speed up my delivery?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deang said:

Sounds pretty nice!

Replacing these old xo really cleans up the sound of these old heritage speakers. With my 81 corns and now with these. 

I took a leap of faith on the corns years ago just based on what you guys here talk about, and recommend. I was very skeptical but quickly realized that you guys really know your sh.t. 

Both these and the corns sounded fantastic without changing anything. Its not tell you hear the sound after that you actually see what the fuss is about. Its not in any way a knock on how they sounded before at all. Just a very large thumbs up to the improvement. 👍 

Hey my old crossovers are wonky that’s  I’m feeling a little impatient. Waiting for my new ones. I’m gonna go complain over in my thread.

But the interesting thing is..... 

D1598EF7-6E49-476E-A6FB-BCB04E5CF6E0.jpeg