Pics of my room 9.2.4

LawCPA

Hey guys,

Klipsch speaker owner since 2016 (bed layer), 2018 (height layer), and subs purchased from 2016 until the 4th purchased in 2019. Attached are some pics of the living room. You can see I experimented with speaker toe-in as well as sub placement. I’m likely going to settle on the two subwoofers co-located next to each front main speaker without toe-in. I have an electrician quoting me to hide the height wires in-wall as well as the bed layer surrounds and to create two 20amp circuits. I’m still not sure if I want the wires pulled for my current setup as is with front/rear heights or if I want to have them pull the wires for an in-ceiling (top middle/top rear) install and move my sofa forward to have the speakers slightly behind me overhead per Dolby’s guidelines. My dad and I finished installing his in-ceiling speakers and when I was watching Mad Max I was able to hear the top channels consistently whereas with my front and rear height configuration it blends in with the rest of the speakers. I am deciding on some blackout curtains and will be taking down the blinds. Also, looking into projectors.

Denon AVR-X4200W (Auro-3D upgrade)

Parasound HCA-1206

Denon DCM-560

Sony UBP-X800

Sony PS4

Apple TV 4K

Samsung UN50KU6300FXZA

2 x Klipsch RP-280F

1 x Klipsch RP-450C

2 x Klipsch RP-250S

4 x Klipsch RP-500SA

4 x Klipsch R-115SW

00ca6e97e38de3e3dbbe5f383dcb479f.jpg7393a123b0010ab46a896a779dd451c8.jpgf6f64ec13e5f2111a48b16fb58ad7e7f.jpg

4515e9574e22d07f316a79de572fd131.jpg43433b003f44120382369120e46ba44b.jpgc29077e2a65ce2e394780b9d82d24f16.jpg

488b30158ff9004c058b28becf7cec7e.jpg

dcbdff714528ea469d31175117378f96.jpg

790d20119ffd96be9c3117eb9e051e71.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow, those 4 x R-115SW's must pack a decent punch in this room! What I would give to have 4 of those babies in my setup. Sadly, they are so expensive here in South Africa, so I'll have to keep saving... 🙂

For what it's worth, I would definitely go in-ceiling for your height channels if you can... just the way you described. I recently added 2 x PRO-180RPC in-ceiling speakers, and it way surpassed my expectations and was totally worth the effort: 

I recently added 2 x PRO-180RPC in-ceiling speakers, and it way surpassed my expectations and was totally worth the effort:    

I will definitely check out that thread. That is the exact speaker that I was trying to tell my dad to get by he went with the Polk 8 inch. They actually sound really good. Do you think that those are OK even though they don’t have an aim-able tweeter like the CDT 5800?

Wow, those 4 x R-115SW's must pack a decent punch in this room!

Haha they are are stacked right now except for the fourth one which is out of commission because of an amp failure as all of mine have experienced until recently Klipsch must have fixed it. Anyways so the total of two of them stacked is calibrated to total 75 dB on each side as if it were only one sub at 75 dB. This way each sub level is only about 66 dB each giving even more headroom and not having to run each sub as hard.

5 hours ago, LawCPA said:

I will definitely check out that thread. That is the exact speaker that I was trying to tell my dad to get by he went with the Polk 8 inch. They actually sound really good. Do you think that those are OK even though they don’t have an aim-able tweeter like the CDT 5800?

They are EXCELLENT in my opinion! I actually contacted Klipsch support and explained what I am planning and asked them which would be the absolute BEST speakers I could get from their in-ceiling speaker range, and this is what they recommended. These will match their RP and RF range perfectly. And you definitely don't need the tweeter aimed at you. I think they did away with this feature in this new model for a reason.

And you know you've got a very capable speaker in your ceiling when you run auto room calibration and  it sets all your speakers to small, but sets your mains and the PRO-180RPC in-ceilings to large... LOL I of course set them to small manually, but was just funny to see... Anyway, they work brilliantly for Atmos and DTS-X, and sound great with music, even on their own. I wouldn't know how they compare to other in-ceiling speakers, but I couldn't be happier with them, and will add another pair if/when I upgrade my theater to a bigger or dedicated room.

6 hours ago, LawCPA said:

Haha they are are stacked right now except for the fourth one which is out of commission because of an amp failure as all of mine have experienced until recently Klipsch must have fixed it. Anyways so the total of two of them stacked is calibrated to total 75 dB on each side as if it were only one sub at 75 dB. This way each sub level is only about 66 dB each giving even more headroom and not having to run each sub as hard.

Sounds like heaven to me... I'm a little jealous... 😉

• Like 1