Whats your favorite Star Wars movie

Heritage_Head

11 hours ago, fastpuce271 said:

If they released Episode I first at the cinemas before any other of the Star Wars movies I wonder if the Star Wars Franchise would be so successful?  :unsure: 

I think so. John Williams changed everything. As long as he was there in1977 any of these movies would have blown everyone away imo. 

12 hours ago, fastpuce271 said:

If they released Episode I first at the cinemas before any other of the Star Wars movies I wonder if the Star Wars Franchise would be so successful?  :unsure: 

I do not think so. 

Episodes I, II and III track the fall of that cute, innocent and very intelligent little boy into an incredibly evil and terrifying monster. The fall of Anakin Skywalker and his transformation into Darth Vader.

Hardly an uplifting story.

Episodes IV, V and VI track the defeat of the Emperor and the redemption of Anakin Skywalker through his son.

When we saw A New Hope in the theater, people were cheering for Luke, Princess Leia, Han, Obi-Wan and (of course) R2-D2 and C3PO.

A New Hope was (is) an uplifting movie. That, the incredible special effects, the score, everything came together and created a new universe for us moviegoers. :)

Just my opinion. :)

12 hours ago, fastpuce271 said:

My opinion on it all weather it would or wouldnt be it is anyone's guess and everyone can have their own opinion on it.

BUT, my opinion is, i think it was a great and very smart move to start at eposide IV, in such a long series of movies, why not release the one right in the middle, right where all the action is and the biggest stories are and the dark verses light is so evident...I think that is one of the reasons why the franchise was so successful.

If they started at epidode I where it all began and to start a story  that is very long there may have never been an eposide II.

Just my opinion anyway...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the first movie release was written first, and the sequels plus the 3 prequels were written afterwards?  There was never a question of which to release first because it was the only one written at the time.  There were plans for the prequel and sequels, but they were not actually written by the time of the first release.  In essence, those stories did not exist.

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the first movie release was written first, and the sequels plus the 3 prequels were written afterwards?  There was never a question of which to release first because it was the only one written at the time.  There were plans for the prequel and sequels, but they were not actually written by the time of the first release.  In essence, those stories did not exist.

I truly have no idea if episode I was written first or not, that is not the point I am trying to make.

I believe they had an idea, i really don't know but i would think that episode IV was labeled as such a the time of release giving meaning to that there is a possibility of 3 prequals down the road, and if this is the case then why not write/release them first.  I think, as only my opinion, that maybe they knew at the time they want to release 6 movies but to do this they need to be able to afford it, to do this the first movie needs to be very successful, in order to help pay for another movie and then another movie and so on.

that is what I think anyway, if this is true or not I really don't know.

It wasn't labeled episode IV at the time of release, that was done a couple of years afterwards.

Star Wars was released on May 25, 1977 and first called Episode IV – A New Hope in the 1979 book The Art of Star Wars.

You are right that the plan was for a series and that the first one had to be successful for the plan to come to fruition.

3 hours ago, TubeHiFiNut said:

I do not think so. 

Episodes I, II and III track the fall of that cute, innocent and very intelligent little boy into an incredibly evil and terrifying monster. The fall of Anakin Skywalker and his transformation into Darth Vader.

Hardly an uplifting story.

Episodes IV, V and VI track the defeat of the Emperor and the redemption of Anakin Skywalker through his son.

When we saw A New Hope in the theater, people were cheering for Luke, Princess Leia, Han, Obi-Wan and (of course) R2-D2 and C3PO.

A New Hope was (is) an uplifting movie. That, the incredible special effects, the score, everything came together and created a new universe for us moviegoers. :)

Just my opinion. :)

Yah but e1 they kill the bad guy and blow up the droid ship n space. Its a win.