SOLD: Crown D 150A, IC 150A & NIKKO FM tuner

DizRotus

EDIT:  07/21/19

Everything sold through eBay.

The above were listed by me on eBay yesterday.  Because they are left over from my “purchase” of the Hazeltucky La Scalas for @Escher, I have no real experience with their operation and condition.  For that reason, my initial thought was to unload them on eBay with full disclosure rather than sell them to forum members.  After some thought, I decided forum members deserve an opportunity too.

I feel the BIN prices with free shipping are bargains:

D 150A for $195;

IC 150A for $102.50 ($135 BIN disappeared after $100 bid); and

NIKKO for $145.

The D 150A seems to operate properly.  With direct input from only a Pono player, it powered HIPs to “call the police” volume outdoors. The IC 150A powers up, but it has so many functions I’m unable to confirm it’s full operational status.  The NIKKO was able to pull in FM stations with 1 foot of zip as an antenna.

Notwithstanding the description in the listing for the IC 150 A, I received the following question:

“Hello, can you provide some more details please on the crown preamp. Do all functions work? Is there anything wrong with it? Thank you.”

I replied that I don’t really know.  I added that, were I going to put it (or any used vintage electronics) into use, I would first have service performed by a qualified technician.  I analogized it to buying a used Porsche 911.  A low purchase price is only a bargain if you’re prepared for inevitable maintenance.

I plan to let the eBay listings run their course, which means the IC 150A is sold, but the final price remains to be determined.  If you’re interested, PM me and we can talk.  I won’t do anything unfair to eBay bidders, or unethical.  Photos are in the eBay listings.

5 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

Do you have any pics

Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

Photos are in the eBay listings.

17 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Thanks JL.  I feel guilty for being too busy, too lazy, or both, to make it too easy for Forum interested members to see the photos.  Now, with your help, one click finds the amp and a click on “see other items” produces photos of the pre and tuner.

7 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The cost to ship all three items was nearly $200

Man, you must of handed those off unboxed to one of those private shipping companies that do everything for you? I'm thinking I could have found boxes around here and shipped all for less than a hundred to the 48 states.