Factory tour photography banned, except when it isn't.

Thaddeus Smith

11 minutes ago, baron167 said:

What was posted is marketing. Their security allowed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I take it that you are an employee, or have some kind of other inside information? Is that correct? 

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

What gives? This was explicitly banned during the 2019 Pilgrimage.

Yes indeed. Born in Montreal, my first language was Canadian French (Quebecois), so even thought he speaks really fast, I can still understand what he says and learned a few new words in the process. Thanks for posting the video. I listened to the whole thing. Considered an update to plant tours of decades ago!

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 7/7/2019 at 11:26 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

What gives? This was explicitly banned during the 2019 Pilgrimage.

It was sometime between 2018-2019 pilgrimage, or both, can't remember exactly when.

Someone complained, OSHA (or some agency) came in to check out allegations,  found nothing and left, but it was decided after that they would not allow pictures anymore, didn't really seem worth it. Can't blame them really.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dtel said:

It was sometime between 2018-2019 pilgrimage, or both, can't remember exactly when.

Someone complained, OSHA (or some agency) came in to check out allegations,  found nothing and left, but it was decided after that they would not allow pictures anymore, didn't really seem worth it. Can't blame them really.

Totally fair.. And yet I saw comments on the video/fb post by people also asking about eye protection, protective shoes, etc. 

I don't personally feel slighted, but it was such an urgent last minute rule this year when the true fans were coming to visit and then they're pimping it on Facebook for some French rando.

Ok, maybe I do feel slighted... It's either justifiably banned for all or only arbitrarily applied to suit the whims of the marketing department.

To which I say...

Klipsch-Bullshit-T-Shirt-2001x1125.jpg

Klipsch-Bullshit-Button-pile-2001x1125.j

Bullshit-Button-Lapel-1-Facebook-bw.jpg

• Moderators
On 7/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Totally fair.. And yet I saw comments on the video/fb post by people also asking about eye protection, protective shoes, etc. 

I don't personally feel slighted, but it was such an urgent last minute rule this year when the true fans were coming to visit and then they're pimping it on Facebook for some French rando.

Ok, maybe I do feel slighted... It's either justifiably banned for all or only arbitrarily applied to suit the whims of the marketing department.

French rando? You are about to feel slighted if you don't clean that up.  EDIT, original comment that was here deleated necause Thad S. was right, I was mistaken, incorrect and/or plain wrong.

It's their factory,  their rules.  The "marketing department" spends thousands of dollars every year to subsidize that event.  The event wouldn't be without the marketing department.

I'm sure Matt and Jill and Mark would love to hear who shares your viewpoint.  Thankfully none of them are really in the forum to read something like this.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

tally fair.. And yet I saw comments on the video/fb post by people also asking about eye protection, protective shoes, etc. 

I have no idea what it was actually about or who it was, it's just what I heard was the reason for the change.