Factory tour photography banned, except when it isn't.

Thaddeus Smith

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Might want to keep the sexism in check.

53 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Uh-oh...I see a TOS update coming or is the subject too current🙃j/k

Na, don't see a problem

On 7/9/2019 at 10:00 AM, Dave1290 said:

I don't blame corporate at all for not allowing photos of the operation.  30 years ago my plant had the same rule in place.  Since we are automotive related, naturally the Japanese auto-makers and our "other" customers wanted plant tours all the time  So here comes a group of about 12 guys from an automaker in for a tour, ok fine, they get the high dollar tour.  We start the tour and I notice 4 of them were "sketch artists" who stood there and drew the entire manufacturing process.  In the 5 minute pitch, they drew the machine, conveyor system,  EVERY process the machine went thru to create the product.  That was just the INITIAL process, same thing into the heat treating area, then the finish and visual inspection process and packaging.  THAT was the first and only time that ever happened but they got the entire process in an hour.  As soon as they started the call to corporate was made and they got the ok.  IF I owned that company Mr. OK would have been gone in a  heartbeat!

Yea, it ALL started when the US sent W. Edwards Deming to Japan to halp rebuild their society after WWII.  The US thought the guy was an idiot so they shipped him to Japan where he implemented his plan.  His process is still used today.  The US once again shot themselves in the foot imo.  Hit the link IF you want to know WHY and HOW the Japanese can do what they want to do!

https://deming.org/explore/fourteen-points?apartner=aarp   

This reminds me of how the Soviets got jet engine technology from the UK after WWII. A soviet diplomat came to the UK plant and toured the factory. The Soviets could not figure out what metal they used in the engine so he wore rubber soled shoes which picked up the shavings they later used to reverse engineer the engine components.

• Like 1

I speak about two words in French, but I watched the video and I think it is a pretty good PR/marketing piece for Klipsch.  If it helps to sell more Heritage speakers in France and elsewhere, it is good for Klipsch and the employees in Hope. It may seem unfair that we no longer are allowed to photograph in the plant at the Pilgrimages, but it seems fair that the French should know more about the very thing that brought all of us to this Forum.  Who knows, maybe we will see some French folks at the next Pilgrimage.

The video is much more interesting with English subtitles.  Activate CC and go to the settings gear icon to select translation of French into any of a dozen languages including English.  Reducing playback speed while you're in there can help.

Maybe Claude can help us with the occasionally puzzling translation.  Les Boomers is wonderful for woofers.  But "pregnant"? meaning before complete?  And vegetable?  Did I read the small type properly?

WMcD

• Like 2

On 7/11/2019 at 11:54 AM, JJkizak said:

You should see her now, not too good.

JJK

Even Liz Taylor got old. So what's your point? Look at Clint Eastwood. A young lady I know who works in my local video store said: "Clint Eastwood's not looking too good in his latest movie, The Mule." I replied: "Sure, but he's almost 90 years old. We should look that good if we live that long!" Other than Raquel Welch who still looks good past 70?

48 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

Now that would be a boring thread commenting on how old dudes look and what we think about it...

I agree. It's just about as boring as saying Brigitte Bardot looks old now because she is old!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Even Liz Taylor got old. So what's your point? Look at Clint Eastwood. A young lady I know who works in my local video store said: "Clint Eastwood's not looking too good in his latest movie, The Mule." I replied: "Sure, but he's almost 90 years old. We should look that good if we live that long!" Other than Raquel Welch who still looks good past 70?

Yeah, I forgot that people get old. I learned that when I hit 70.

JJK

• Haha 1