Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Mighty Favog

Can I join the movement....

Recommended Posts

....that says cap leads are too short!! That Audyn went through the board only about a 64th on an inch!

IMG_20190708_184149.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

....that says cap leads are too short!! That Audyn went through the board only about a 64th on an inch!

IMG_20190708_184149.jpg

 

Just add wires and curl them around real cutesy like.

JJK

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

....that says cap leads are too short!!

Yes you may join, I would guess your not the first.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was long enough, right?

 

I've added onto leads that were too short before. Or clipped off the old part and left the leads there so I wouldn't have to unsolder off of the board.

 

Bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marvel said:

clipped off the old part and left the leads there so I wouldn't have to unsolder off of the board.

That's me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deang said:

Rookie.

Never melted a board that way.  Hey, I know my limitations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The leads were not long enough to bend 90 degrees and extend out past the radius of the part itself? That's poor QC at its finest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the kg4 crossover? Does anyone have a parts list for one? I’d like to do my kg4 boards but need a detailed list of the parts needed. Thanks. Sorry for jumping onto your post


Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, babadono said:

The leads were not long enough to bend 90 degrees and extend out past the radius of the part itself? That's poor QC at its finest.

 

From the pic it looks like it doesn't sit all the way down on the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, carlthess40 said:

Is this the kg4 crossover? Does anyone have a parts list for one? I’d like to do my kg4 boards but need a detailed list of the parts needed. Thanks. Sorry for jumping onto your post.

 

It is a KG4. The 3 caps are 3uf, 8uf (I used 8.2uf) and 33uf (1 of each). Then a polyswitch rated at 7 amp but I used a 6.5 amp Parts Express didn't have a 7 and there's enough tolerance to use a 6.5. Chances are your inductors are fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Marvel said:

 

From the pic it looks like it doesn't sit all the way down on the board.

It doesn't. It wouldn't go down any more because the inductors were too close together. The lead I had problems with is the one unseen at the top of the pick. The lead at the bottom was had plenty of length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, babadono said:

The leads were not long enough to bend 90 degrees and extend out past the radius of the part itself? That's poor QC at its finest.

They do extend that far, plus some. But I had to bend them back under to reach the hole in the board AND that Audyn wouldn't fit flat on the board between the inductors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

They do extend that far, plus some. But I had to bend them back under to reach the hole in the board AND that Audyn wouldn't fit flat on the board between the inductors.

Ah.....10 lbs of sheet in a 5 lb sack:)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
It is a KG4. The 3 caps are 3uf, 8uf (I used 8.2uf) and 33uf (1 of each). Then a polyswitch rated at 7 amp but I used a 6.5 amp Parts Express didn't have a 7 and there's enough tolerance to use a 6.5. Chances are your inductors are fine.


Thank you very much. I’ll look in my parts container and see if I have any of these
Would you know where I could find a schematic on it so I can maybe make a board
Instead of mounting all of these on the input cup


Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks


Dollar for dollar Klipsch has no equals
Name one other speaker company that can build a speaker and keep working like new after 45 plus years of service. Answer NO ONE !!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...