Freedom of Speech?

Jeff Matthews

17 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

It's all CUMULATIVE!! And is from ONE SOURCE! Vastly overpopulating HUMANS pushing all the other life forms OUT!

It's all built into nature's equation.  The effects of overpopulation will result in population control.  No worries for the species.  Individual specimens will always have to worry, even as they do today.  

16 hours ago, oldtimer said:

And...just to put an exclamation point on all the whiners worrying about their purses....we have the lowest electricity rates in all of the entire area.

Wind, though?  Have you ever driven past the vast expanses of seemingly endless windmills?  Landscape blight is a fair description.

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Wind, though?  Have you ever driven past the vast expanses of seemingly endless windmills?  Landscape blight is a fair description.

I've seen the windmills on journeys to west TX.  They certainly change the landscape.  A few weeks ago we drove from TX to vacation in FL.  On the way I saw my first solar "farm".  It was surreal.

15 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

That's one way look at it.  Like the old dutch windmills, I think the modern ones look pretty cool.

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

=== General Electric is developing massive offshore wind generators primarily for use in the North Sea. 

Twelve megawatts of power per “mill” enough for roughly 16000 Euro homes. Blade rotor length 722 feet, each blade weighs about 37 ton. I imagine these make our prairie based US models look tiny —

1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

My first was a religious experience.  I wanted to take up a collection.

'

IF ya don't get enough the first time around just pass that offering plate around for a second go or a third!   Give til it hurts!   😂

Love the idea of solar, wind not so much.  The down side to that is they'd just roll the start up cost down on us over time.  The nuclear plants owned by the power company's here in Ohio now have a bill before the Senate to use State taxpayer funding to modernize "their" plants.  Seriously?  Initially they were going to build and maintain them with Federal oversight.  Obviously that money over the past 30 years never did that.  Imagine that!

• Like 1

Dare we say, nuclear energy?

From https://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/country-profiles/countries-a-f/france.aspx

• France derives about 75% of its electricity from nuclear energy, due to a long-standing policy based on energy security. Government policy is to reduce this to 50% by 2035.
  • France is the world's largest net exporter of electricity due to its very low cost of generation, and gains over €3 billion per year from this.
  • The country has been very active in developing nuclear technology. Reactors and especially fuel products and services have been a significant export.
  • About 17% of France's electricity is from recycled nuclear fuel.

Efficient, reliable, plentiful. Of course the French will be decommissioning many of their nuclear plants. Lets see how the availability and cost curves look in the future as France moves to renewables.

Hopefully we will master fusion reactors soon and then folks will have all the power they want. ;)

Just my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Love the idea of solar, wind not so much.  The down side to that is they'd just roll the start up cost down on us over time.  The nuclear plants owned by the power company's here in Ohio now have a bill before the Senate to use State taxpayer funding to modernize "their" plants.  Seriously?  Initially they were going to build and maintain them with Federal oversight.  Obviously that money over the past 30 years never did that.  Imagine that!

Solar, wind .. you name it, the power companies all bemoan any perceived upside to them, which is very little compared to...

Lately a couple of the larger oil players are touting it as a down the road, we are working on it message. Bottomline message I get is, regardless of the source, we want a lions share piece of the 🍰...we want to cut it both ways and down the middle. They can point back and say, we were green when being green wasn't cool...As for the customer their perception of green will have you seeing red, as to any savings to your bottomline... what an industry...

• Like 1