parts express kits

Heritage_Head

4 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

If I used the svs pb12 plus sledge amp. I could use one of the peqs to most 35hz i think. Do you think this amp would work well? With that sub?

An 800 watt plate amp?  Heck yes!

I strongly suggest you measure first how big that SVS sledge amp is.  Make sure it will fit in the back of the 3.0 cuft flat pack.  My Yung 500 seemed a perfect fit, you can find the specs on PE.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

An 800 watt plate amp?  Heck yes!

I strongly suggest you measure first how big that SVS sledge amp is.  Make sure it will fit in the back of the 3.0 cuft flat pack.  My Yung 500 seemed a perfect fit, you can find the specs on PE.

Idk I probably would leave it out. Build/buy a box to put it in. 

7 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

I have one but thats a tad past what I would want to do. Assemble/glue/screws lol.

Any other ideas? I know my budget makes it a bit tough. 

It's easier than you think and it fits fine, it was designed to accept a plate amp.  I'll post a pic of mine later.

And yes I have an alternative.  I have a Yamaha P-5000 pro amp, about 700 wpc.  I'll sell it to you for what I have in it $150 shipped.  I'm not actively looking to sell it but if you want it I'll let it go.

I've got run for now, we can discuss later and I'll tell you the story how I got it.  Basically picked a pair up locally for another forum member who went another way, so I'm just passing them along for what I have in them.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

a tad past what I would want to do. Assemble/glue/screws lol.

Guess you could take it to a cabinet shop ... sure they can cut and router it for you for say $10 ... haha; $30 if you are in CA :D 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Do these kits come with speaker terminals? If not is the kit have a spot pre cut for them? Didn't notice any pics of this.

No they don't.  If you go with an external PA amp you'll need connectors.  Look up speakOn, by Neutrek.  It's what the cool kids are using.  B)

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

I have one but thats a tad past what I would want to do. Assemble/glue/screws lol.

Any other ideas? I know my budget makes it a bit tough. 

Ultimax kit

The Kits only include driver & cabinet. You will need to buy a terminal cup, screws, stuffing and wire to complete the basic build.

I mention a terminal cup because i don't recommend installing the amplifier in the cabinet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jason str said:

I mention a terminal cup because i don't recommend installing the amplifier in the cabinet.

Second your opinion on not putting the amp in the cabinet :) ... but if you have the plate amp already ... :D 

Just use some individual connectors ... just 2 holes to drill ... easier than a "cup" ... like https://www.parts-express.com/gold-binding-post-banana-jack-pair-extra-long-shaft-with-solder-tabs--091-340

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emile said:

Second your opinion on not putting the amp in the cabinet :) ... but if you have the plate amp already ... :D 

Just use some individual connectors ... just 2 holes to drill ... easier than a "cup" ... like https://www.parts-express.com/gold-binding-post-banana-jack-pair-extra-long-shaft-with-solder-tabs--091-340

See that I can do 👍

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

What do you like about this over the 15" kit?

The kit mentioned earlier or the Ultimax 15" kit ?

The 15" Ultimax kit is fine.

The HO kit if you could substitute the HF series driver is OK.

I'm just not a fan of sealed subs unless you have a bunch of them.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jason str said:

The kit mentioned earlier or the Ultimax 15" kit ?

The 15" Ultimax kit is fine.

The HO kit if you could substitute the HF series driver is OK.

I'm just not a fan of sealed subs unless you have a bunch of them.

I like ported too.

This would be used for 25-50hz range. Near field like a few ft away (right behind me). Im using a cheap 10" polk sub atm. Works great for low levels. But then disappears pretty fast when I turn up the LaScalas.