how I can connect a DAC to my system 7.2.4?

angelluisg

this forum is awesome, I learn too much about audio and quality .. my question is.. I have marantz 7012 + emotiva BASx A 700 amp+ 7.2.4 system ..all klipsch RP-280 (L.R) rP504C (center) I am super fan TIDAL (master) amazing quality..how I can connect a DAC to my System? I use tidal from my TV or my hi-res..fiio m6 (headphones sennheiser hd650 amazing sound) how I can connect a DAC on my system 7.2.4 ..usually I used pure direct ..is awesome .. bu I think with DAc will be fenomenal.. what do you recommend?

Home theater 7.2.4 

AVR Marantz 7012 

Bluray 4k Panasonic DP ub820 

Front  klipsch RP-280F

Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-110SW

Subwoofer SVS PB 1000

Klipsch Surround RB-41 II and 

Klipsch Surround back Rp-160m

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

Panamax MR4300

Emotiva BasX A-700 (7 channels used, 2 pair Dolby Atmos front and back L-C-R)

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet)

There are hundreds of DACs available you will need to research the type that fit your listening preferences (Delta/sigma, Ladder, non over sample etc... and then there are dac chips  it can literally cause a meltdown.  As you stated you are happy with DIGITAL I will assume Delta Sigma would be OK. Take a look at the "Schiit" website ( https://www.schiit.com/ )

They have some decent dacs that are typically a step up from something built in (I personally liked the Bifrost, and the 1 below that Modi I think ) Use is simple connect dac to any CD or Aux input on your receiver or pre-amp then plug your PC, Tv, or ? into the rear of the dac. Select the input on both the dac and pre and your good to go

@joessportster 

23 minutes ago, joessportster said:
24 minutes ago, joessportster said:

any CD or Aux input on your receiver or pre-amp then plug your PC, Tv, or ? into the rear of the dac. Select the input on both the dac and pre and your good to go

thanks for response..!! great! I research all about DAC ..brands like schiit, Fiio, marantz..cambridge, O2,monolite..but question is   Dac has in this brands only 2 out ( where I connect in the receiver? or emotiva bass x A-700,  because I have 7.2.4 system ? thanks

1 hour ago, angelluisg said:

@joessportster 

thanks for response..!! great! I research all about DAC ..brands like schiit, Fiio, marantz..cambridge, O2,monolite..but question is   Dac has in this brands only 2 out ( where I connect in the receiver? or emotiva bass x A-700,  because I have 7.2.4 system ? thanks

AS I stated you would take the DACs analog output (red & white RCA outs on the DAC) and connect that to an available INPUT on your  receiver That could be an available / OPEN (NOT USED) Aux. or CD INPUT........................Above is how you would connect an EXTERNAL dac to your receiver.  All you then need do is connect what ever digital signal you like to the dac via Coax SPDIF, USB, Tosslink, Optical etc... make the proper selections on your dac and receiver and you are good

@joessportster thanks a lot .. very good info..you are awesome master..question.. I am streaming ..Tidal ..from my TV.. how do you will connect DAC?                                                        SmartTV(Tidal)... to... DAC.....out DAC.... to........Marantz 7012 CD (analog #5).. then stereo 7.2.4 with DAC? is correct ? or  I am wrong?

1 hour ago, angelluisg said:

@joessportster thanks a lot .. very good info..you are awesome master..question.. I am streaming ..Tidal ..from my TV.. how do you will connect DAC?                                                        SmartTV(Tidal)... to... DAC.....out DAC.... to........Marantz 7012 CD (analog #5).. then stereo 7.2.4 with DAC? is correct ? or  I am wrong?

Thats the way, USE the digital out on your TV

The Marantz SR7012 has HEOS connect built into it, and can stream directly from Tidal... The HEOS Connect interface is not as full featured as the Tidal app but it is a really easy way to stream Tidal or many other streaming services directly into your Marantz AVR. Streaming via a mobile device (phone or tablet) is another option by connecting via bluetooth or airplay to the SR7012.... and you can load the Tidal app on the mobile device to keep a consistent user interface.  I built a network server using an Intel NUC mini pc and Audirvana for Windows to stream via ethernet to my SR7012 using uPnP. The sound quality of Audirvana (to my ears) is vastly superior than using Heos connect.

Lots of option when it comes to music streaming and the SR7012... bluetooth, airplay, HEOS connect, and uPnP ethernet services can all get the job done.

• Like 1