Just got some Forte III and all I can say is WOW!

Trent_G

Been Lurking for some time now. I had a lower end system that I bought about 13 years ago. And because of this forum I decided it’s time for a new system. I keep hearing (reading) all great things about the Forte III. Earlier this week I made a 6 hour round trip to listen and possibly buy some Forte III. After just a few minutes of listening I knew these were the ones. Even my wife was impressed and she usually doesn’t care about stuff like this. Then of course i had to get a new receiver so I decided on a Denon AVR X3500H (plenty of a receiver for me). This system will hopefully last me a very long time. Next will be a new tv. My tv is about 15 years old but we don’t watch enough tv to justify getting one any time soon. We have never had cable or satellite. We do occasionally rent a movie. We just have music as background noise 24/7. Anyways thanks to this forum for leading me in the right direction. 

I’m giving my old system to my son. He just got his first apartment and is very excited. 😜 Old system: Pioneer 5960, Synergy F2’s,  RC52 and a couple of Klipsch 12”sub.

4309F97B-EF7C-498B-A0F5-41D2F87F40DF.jpeg

D31355E7-38FC-46C8-9A90-9ECDD9065654.jpeg

F7DB7EEF-D26E-44D4-99E9-A9BE085DAA50.jpeg

Edited by Trent_G
  • Like 11

7 minutes ago, Trent_G said:

Been Lurking for some time now. I had a lower end system that I bought about 13 years ago. And because of this forum I decided it’s time for a new system. I keep hearing (reading) all great things about the Forte III. Earlier this week I made a 6 hour round trip to listen and possibly buy some Forte III. After just a few minutes of listening I knew these were the ones. Even my wife was impressed and she usually doesn’t care about stuff like this. Then of course i had to get a new receiver so I decided on a Denon AVR X3500H (plenty of a receiver for me). This system will hopefully last me a very long time. Next will be a new tv. My tv is about 15 years old but we don’t watch enough tv to justify getting one any time soon. We have never had cable or satellite. We do occasionally rent a movie. We just have music as background noise 24/7. Anyways thanks to this forum for leading me in the right direction. 

I’m giving my old system to my son. He just got his first apartment and is very excited. 😜 Old system: Pioneer 5960, Synergy F2’s,  RC52 and a couple of Klipsch 12”sub.

Ha! Congrats!

Thanks for posting. Pics soon please. 

Klipsch needs to start handing out some commission to this forum!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Trent_G said:

Earlier this week I made a 6 hour round trip to listen and possibly buy some Forte III. After just a few minutes of listening I knew these were the ones.

I would have only had to drive an hour each way but I'm evidently much lazier than you.  I ordered mine without an audition.  I'm completely pleased with my purchase.

You didn't show the box labels.  Which "flavor" did you get?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hmmmm now let's see...  Married, wifey, son, older system now a new pair of Forte III"s and a new receiver.  You're wife loved the sound of the Forte's.  You're son is happy he got your old system.  You're still hanging around in here and hopefully posting pics in the future.  Yea, I think it's alllll workin out great for you.  ALTHOUGH I don't think you can get a pair of La Scala's in your car so just have them shipped to you in a couple months.  Welcome to the Forum and crank it up!  Congrats!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Hmmmm now let's see...  Married, wifey, son, older system now a new pair of Forte III"s and a new receiver.  You're wife loved the sound of the Forte's.  You're son is happy he got your old system.  You're still hanging around in here and hopefully posting pics in the future.  Yea, I think it's alllll workin out great for you.  ALTHOUGH I don't think you can get a pair of La Scala's in your car so just have them shipped to you in a couple monthsWelcome to the Forum and crank it up!  Congrats!  :)

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d27f0af7270313441

• Haha 2

TV may be next ?   Get an OLED  , nothing else comes close , it will amaze you , the picture quality , that's what I bought few days before superbowl  2019.

In 2018 I purchased a new pair of Forte 3 

• Like 1

Haha!  "Easily mobile" perhaps in comparison to say Cornwalls or the models with bass horns, but 70# each ain't exactly as portable as even a "portable" 19" CRT tv was (I always got a chuckle out of that term).

I toted my Forte IIIs through the garage, kitchen, and dining room, then down the stairs (in their boxes, and of course singly) by myself, but the remaining number of days I'll be able to do that are most likely a small fraction of the grand total I'll have had with that capability.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WillyBob said:
10 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I don't think you can get a pair of La Scala's in your car

you might be surprised

26592510_DSCF07391.png.763cc331d753649541e6d312e30ed701.png

#1 is the car already. They just fit. I did a lot of measuring before attempting this.

Damn!  Going to all that effort was somewhat wasteful if you didn't also wire them into the radio for some mobile entertainment.

• Haha 3