Vaping

Heritage_Head

Wasn't sure on this topic. But Im always looking for new juice recommendations (or other useful advance ideas). So if any of you guys/gals are in to this please share.

I quit smoking tobacco cigarettes about ten years ago. I was getting my wisdom teeth removed and filling out forms before. It asked if I smoked and how long. When I did the math and realized it was more than 20 years I shook my head, and used the fact you cant smoke for about a week after the teeth removal as a starting point. A few years later I started again but quickly stopped and went to vaping.

Then it was a pretty small market compared to today but it has kept me from smoking. Anyways.......

Now I mostly drip and squonk (drip is where you drip juice into the atomizer on the coil/wick. Squonk is a devise that holds juice in plastic bottle below the atomizer. Pushing on the middle of the plastic bottle flows juice up into the atomizer and wets the wick/coil with juice). Both these are rebuildable (build own coils/wicks). And costs is next to nothing for materials. 

Nicoticket has been my favorite online place to buy juice. They are high cost (comparable) at about $25 for 60ml. But being that it lasts a few months its pretty cheap. They imo make some of the best juice on the planet (That I've found anyways). Sadly they don't make the large catalog of different juices they use to. In fact they only make a few now. The linked two below are two of there best but I miss their variety.  

http://www.nicoticket.com/custards-last-stand-60ml-chubby-gorilla/

http://www.nicoticket.com/the-virus-60ml-chubby-gorilla/

• Sad 1

At some moment in life you determined that smoking tobacco was a good enough idea to embrace......... and you got addicted. Now you learn that smoking tobacco was not as nifty as the manufacturers IMPLIED. So instead of quitting tobacco you now believe an entirely new industry telling you that vaping is good/better despite the FACT that there is no proof. Common sense will tell anyone that lungs are evolved for respiration....... not for the intake of chemistries. You got duped once by big ‘lying’ tobacco and now you have been duped a second time by the vaping industry. Did you read the fine print? Notice that when you buy any vaping related product that YOU accept all liability for any consequences caused by using those products. Hmmm, does that not give you cause for concern?

Treat your lungs the way you KNOW they should be treated. Drink your liquor, eat your drugs....... the gastrointestinal system is where foodstuffs go. That is what the gastrointestinal system is evolved to do. I appreciate that you wanted to end a tobacco habit. So end it. Do not replace it with an unknown, unproven, overhyped product. You’re still an addict. Vaping is playing Russian roulette with a .38 instead of a .44.........

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gotta say....  I agree with Bosco

But as someone who's never smoked, drank nor did drugs his entire life....  I can certify that I'm 100% boring....  but also admit it's "easy" for me to walk past those items, I've never had any of those demons to contend with.  

Think about how much you used to spend on cigarettes, booze (notice I'm leaving women out of the conversation)....  if you had that cash in your pocket today, how much would it be AND how much more pink would your lungs be?

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I can certify that I'm 100% boring

I can dig healthy living has numerous benefits including chances at a longer life but otoh, Keith Richards and Ron Wood are still alive and feel there is middle ground between "boring" and those two fella's....That said, it makes all of the sense in the world to pay attention to the various research before enjoying/experimenting with "sin" and they should be adults before being promoted to partake. That is where Adult Role Models should enter the picture as parents' teachers, coaches, and anyone else who interacts with the next generation of soon-to-be adults. That's my take.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

At some moment in life you determined that smoking tobacco was a good enough idea to embrace......... and you got addicted. Now you learn that smoking tobacco was not as nifty as the manufacturers IMPLIED. So instead of quitting tobacco you now believe an entirely new industry telling you that vaping is good/better despite the FACT that there is no proof. Common sense will tell anyone that lungs are evolved for respiration....... not for the intake of chemistries. You got duped once by big ‘lying’ tobacco and now you have been duped a second time by the vaping industry. Did you read the fine print? Notice that when you buy any vaping related product that YOU accept all liability for any consequences caused by using those products. Hmmm, does that not give you cause for concern?

Treat your lungs the way you KNOW they should be treated. Drink your liquor, eat your drugs....... the gastrointestinal system is where foodstuffs go. That is what the gastrointestinal system is evolved to do. I appreciate that you wanted to end a tobacco habit. So end it. Do not replace it with an unknown, unproven, overhyped product. You’re still an addict. Vaping is playing Russian roulette with a .38 instead of a .44.........

Well first I'm not a doctor but.....  Vaping is vaper like what doctors give for people that smoke pot (not really my thing but). It comes in liquid just like e juice. And the smoking method is the same. Vaping has no hazards chemicals from the vape. Nicotine is debatable if its good or bad for a person. The addiction part however is still very real. 

To date no person has had a single health issue related to vaping (and definitely hasn't killed anyone). It was invented in 1937 and people did start using it in 1966 used with taboo. Didn't get popular tell about 20 years ago. 

53 years and not a single health issue is most likely better than almost all the things you and most anybody eat and drink everyday.

Beer and alcohol kills 88,000 people a year. Cigarettes kill someone every 6 sec. And kills 1 out of 3 people that smoke. Thats basically playing Russian roulette with a 3 chamber gun (instead of 6) and one in the chamber.

Yet vaping hasn't even got a person sick yet let alone kill anyone (53 years). Think just how badly BIG TABCOO wants vaping to look bad. You would think they would even make up things to try and spread fear. Yet even with them gunning for vaping. Still not a single health issue. 

Trading one bad habit for another isn't smart at all...... agreed. But trading a habit that kills someone every 6 sec for a habit that hasn't even gotten anyones sick in 53 years. Thats a huge 👍

You probably know almost nothing about this topic being that you have never researched the facts about it (just about everything you posted is wrong in terms of the vaping it self). You compared it to smoking from a 38 to a 44. Smoking kills billions and vaping in over 50 years hasn't even got 1 person sick. Thats a horrible comparison. The two share a similar name and have nicotine in both. After that one is a nuclear bomb in your body the other is tap water. 

But the part about not trading a bad habit for another Is absolutely true and a good life lesson to any child who hasn't learned it yet. 😁

Since you gave me some advise I feel I should repay you the favor. This is not an excuse to smoke or anything..... but  dude if you as you say have never smoked (or even worse smoked for 20-30 years) and tried to quit 20-100 times in that span. My advise is at least research what your giving advise on if you have no experience. Typing paragraphs of un true info is a waste of your time. And its factually untrue information. Probably better to stick with things that you know facts on or about things that don't require real facts (like opinion or personal preference topics 😉)

When I asked a mod if I could discus this topic (breaking forum rules or not). He told me sure np..... but be ready some people will probably lecture you on it (judge). 

All good though 👍. Im just trying to chat about some juice flavors. But feel free to dislike it. Its still a bad habit and certainly not something someone would use to try thinking its a life improvement. But going from cigarets that kill billions to a safe product is a life improvement. I wont die from smoking....  but 1 of the 3 guys standing outside smoking will. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Gotta say....  I agree with Bosco

But as someone who's never smoked, drank nor did drugs his entire life....  I can certify that I'm 100% boring....  but also admit it's "easy" for me to walk past those items, I've never had any of those demons to contend with.  

Think about how much you used to spend on cigarettes, booze (notice I'm leaving women out of the conversation)....  if you had that cash in your pocket today, how much would it be AND how much more pink would your lungs be?

Nothing fun about smoking. You didn't miss any fun believe me. When I quit I rewarded myself every other year with a new tv. first it was a xbr 40" (with one with the glass around it). then it was a 52" xbr. Then it was a 70" sharp then a jvc reference projector and AT screen. Vaping is about $120-150 a year if you build your own coils like I do. Smoking a pack a day is about 3,000 a year and kills you lol. 

1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I can dig healthy living has numerous benefits including chances at a longer life but otoh, Keith Richards and Ron Wood are still alive and feel there is middle ground between "boring" and those two fella's....That said, it makes all of the sense in the world to pay attention to the various research before enjoying/experimenting with "sin" and they should be adults before being promoted to partake. That is where Adult Role Models should enter the picture as parents' teachers, coaches, and anyone else who interacts with the next generation of soon-to-be adults. That's my take.

Really sucks when the good ones go. Jim Morrison or Keith Whitley two others that just hit there prime then died.  

what scares me about these vials of ????

what are they suspending the active ingredients in? You can have problems breathing oils [in general].

I do vape. Not liquid/s.  I have a machine that vapes dry plant matter. Heats it to near ignition... and you breath the fumes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I think that is called a bong, I mean, I have heard of such devices as described.

Definitely not a bong thats smoke that comes from fire. Everything about that smoke is bad. Vape is not a smoke its vape totally different. It literally is the comparing apples to cow shit. 

5 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

what scares me about these vials of ????

what are they suspending the active ingredients in? You can have problems breathing oils [in general].

I do vape. Not liquid/s.  I have a machine that vapes dry plant matter. Heats it to near ignition... and you breath the fumes.

Thats not vaping thats inhaling smoke. 

http://whatisvaping.com/

this pic below the liquid juice wets a cotton wick thats wrapped with stainless steal wire into a coil. The batterie heats the coil and the liquid that the cotton absorbed turns into vape. Like when you boil water the smoke that comes off the water thats vape. 

vape-2439322.jpg

• Like 1

There are a number of health related consequences associated with vaping. Any web search will demonstrate these. Additionally genuine medical research is identifying a plethora of problems with vaping. None of these are difficult to find. Now a person can choose to adopt a realistic perspective and at least be skeptical about vaping health effects or they can listen to their vaping suppliers and the vaping industry whose profit structure depends on customers dollars. It is not too much different than Bose telling the world how marvelous their speakers are without any proof of performance.

Your lungs are delicate structures that allow the outside air intimate contact with your blood. They are not intended for other purposes. If you smoke and want to quit try some of the otc products devised to help people quit. NO vaping company has a quitting program. Simply stated vaping companies want to become the new monkey on your back. They do not care about your health. They care about profits. 

This is friendly advice. You can believe me now or later. Your lungs would be far better off used just for breathing. They can heal to some degree....... if you let them. The sooner you stop insulting your lungs the better they will get.