Vaping

Heritage_Head

2 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

We all know that our country is debating universal healthcare insurance, etc. That means we all have a vested interest in how healthy our citizens are. If I am expected to buy others health insurance then I should be able to expect them to be as healthy as possible. And that is the crux of this issue. Healthy lungs are kept that way by not abusing them. Vaping clearly abuses the lungs. And.... as for eating tainted food products....... you get sick. This is why we have gov’t agencies to oversee the chain of our food supply.

You either didn't read my posts or refuse to hear the facts that dispute your opinion before you ever posted here. I cant force to to learn the truth. I presented it told you it was facts. Where on the internet its one click and search to prove my stated facts wrong.

Or You looked realized i was right but are to stubborn to admit it (I can respect that. at least it makes sense) Or you don't care if what I said is true and again stubborn (I can still respect that). But continuing to post false facts makes me think any second your going to post a cool gif and say just kidding!!!!   

Lol pease show a fact  (a link please) that someone (anyone!) has lung damage from vaping. Anything that supports your wild un true claims or anything disproving any of what I corrected your untrue posts with.

Please Kill it with facts not a personal best guess and im still sticking to it  (down with the ship and don't care) mentality lol .  

• Moderators

Is it good for you, I don't think anyone feels it is good for you, (duh) better than the standard cigarette, sure, the combustion is where "most" of the bad chemicals are created.

Like the warning on cigarette packs, really it's funny to me, if your that stupid to not know the risk you deserve whatever happens.

Vaping dry media is still combustion, a true vaporizer is not combustion, but still have "slight" amounts of the same chemicals, just much less. Vaping with liquid, PG or VG or a mix with the target ingredients eliminates almost all if not all of the chemicals made just from combustion, it does nothing to the target ingredients, they are not changed, for the good or bad.

Eliminating all things that are bad for you can help, but still not guarantee of 1 extra day alive, it's all just statistics, driving  a car is a much higher risk to hurt you than many of the bad habits.

After filling out many death clams  years ago for insurance companies it was clear, I filled out paperwork on people who were much healthier with really much better or perfectly healthy lifestyles compared to may others who should have been dead years ago. One that affected me was someone with the same birthday as me but was a fanatic about what he ate, worked out regularly and was in great shape, never a drink, smoking or drugs to the point his family always joked he would live forever, well his heart just stopped in his sleep is what the autopsy said.   

It's all in the numbers. You can end life it but only do so much to extend it, it is what it is.

Don't take this as a vote for bad habits, it's not, even though I have enjoyed many of for a long time. 

Considering family health problems, and our average death of males in this family and bad habits, I have already beat the odds if it ends tomorrow.

See tag line for indication of attitude.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

You can try this.  Take what you are going to vape (or your cigarettes) and boil it in butter for a few hours.  When done, buy a box of brownie mix and use the butter and bake a pan and enjoy.  You can have your vape stuff without vaping.  🤣

Eating nicotine can be extremely dangerous, even lethal. The stuff is so toxic that people would get sick simply from handling leaves when they harvested tobacco crops. In plants nicotine serves to ward off bug infestations. Ingesting the stuff has killed pets and children.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Back to a couple of important points.  Smoking is bad for your teeth.  I don't know if vaping is or not but for sure some of that nicotine must be absorbed by the gums.  Have you asked your dentist, or even better, asked a very good dentist who is more interested in patient's health than making money from a business?

Also, is it really debatable that nicotine is bad for human ingestion?  Because, obviously, nicotine withdrawal is not a good thing.  Is anything that addictive good?  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Funny thing...  as society evolved, I (being accusomed to being around smokers) would go for first available seat for dinner.  She got a bit self-rightous and always said we'd wait for non-smoking....and took offense when someone's smoke drifted over to our table.

I just looked at her smiling but was puzzled in the back of my head wondering how could she not NOW see that "that was her".

<shruggs shoulders>

"Nothing worse than a reformed anything"

I quit 4 years ago and have become very sensitive to the horrible smell 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, dtel said:

Is it good for you, I don't think anyone feels it is good for you, (duh) better than the standard cigarette, sure, the combustion is where "most" of the bad chemicals are created.

Like the warning on cigarette packs, really it's funny to me, if your that stupid to not know the risk you deserve whatever happens.

Vaping dry media is still combustion, a true vaporizer is not combustion, but still have "slight" amounts of the same chemicals, just much less. Vaping with liquid, PG or VG or a mix with the target ingredients eliminates almost all if not all of the chemicals made just from combustion, it does nothing to the target ingredients, they are not changed, for the good or bad.

Eliminating all things that are bad for you can help, but still not guarantee of 1 extra day alive, it's all just statistics, driving  a car is a much higher risk to hurt you than many of the bad habits.

After filling out many death clams  years ago for insurance companies it was clear, I filled out paperwork on people who were much healthier with really much better or perfectly healthy lifestyles compared to may others who should have been dead years ago. One that affected me was someone with the same birthday as me but was a fanatic about what he ate, worked out regularly and was in great shape, never a drink, smoking or drugs to the point his family always joked he would live forever, well his heart just stopped in his sleep is what the autopsy said.   

It's all in the numbers. You can end life it but only do so much to extend it, it is what it is.

Don't take this as a vote for bad habits, it's not, even though I have enjoyed many of for a long time. 

Considering family health problems, and our average death of males in this family and bad habits, I have already beat the odds if it ends tomorrow.

See tag line for indication of attitude.

The number is zero of anything thats in a cig while smoking it compared the vape. Only nicotine nothing else. There is no smoke none of the long list of chemicals poured into cigs. But what you are right about is no system is completely safe. A a red hot wire coil could burn the wick (run out of juice it its just heat and cotton). Using wire thats got nickel or other chemicals that could be harmful happens. No pre burn during a wire coil could create a few first hits with un desired smoke from the coil (if it has anything coating ion t like a spray that dry on to prevent certain shelf life issues that prevent  damage years down the road. 

But in the  examining  science (excluding all operator error data) The e-juices and delivery system the  juice uses (vape) share nothing with lighting a cig and smoking other than nicotine.  And in the porpoise of the products are of delivering nicotine to hook new customers into smoking there product. Forever! lol

28 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Eating nicotine can be extremely dangerous, even lethal. The stuff is so toxic that people would get sick simply from handling leaves when they harvested tobacco crops. In plants nicotine serves to ward off bug infestations. Ingesting the stuff has killed pets and children.

Your still almost completely wrong. But you did manage to get some nicotine facts. And absolutely nicotine is a dangerous drug in pure form a drop would probably kill you. 

But the information you needed to compare with are those facts in the amount of juice it would take drinking to even have concern. I could buy a 120ml 3mg of nicotine ejuce bottle chug it down and feel terrible but not even be at 5% of what a person would need to drink before nicotine levels get scary.

Your right about eating it. Nicotine gum and patches have huge levels of nicotine. People don't get the fix from the act of smoking so they will pop 4 or 5 pieces of gum one after another. Thats like 2 120ml bottles chugged down. Patches can be dangerous if you put on 25-50.

My point is nothing even cigs are in any danger of getting to much nicotine in your system other than gum. And thats board-line even mentioning as a possible issue. 

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Back to a couple of important points.  Smoking is bad for your teeth.  I don't know if vaping is or not but for sure some of that nicotine must be absorbed by the gums.  Have you asked your dentist, or even better, asked a very good dentist who is more interested in patient's health than making money from a business?

Also, is it really debatable that nicotine is bad for human ingestion?  Because, obviously, nicotine withdrawal is not a good thing.  Is anything that addictive good?  

The teeth I don't know haven't read anything on that. The vape is harmless. To give you an idea on the bottle of ejuce. The only warning is this bottle contains nicotine and nicotine can be addictive. thats it nothing else needs to be said. Vaping is healthier than coffee.  

Guys im telling you its a harmless nicotine delivery system. Its not in the good for you category. But normal non smokers, non drinkers have things in there diet thats worse. Little debbie snake cakes are killing more people now then alcohol (joking but its not for lake of trying on there part) 

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

(not directed at you Heritage-Head)

I wonder if some of the vaping crowd is captivated by the utterly huge cloud of exhaust that they emit when they're vaping.

I find it interesting to be at a stop light....and this mammoth chimny of "smoke" comes out someone's car window as they're obviously exhaling.

I just scratch my head and think "Really???  you just had all that crammed into your lungs??"

My wife was a smoker.  We dated for 10 years prior to making things legal.  One reason was I simply was never going to marry a smoker.  I would have not even asked her out in the beginning, had I known then.  Fortunately (for her??  for me??) I got to know her away from all that and got intrigued.

I remember how deflated I was when she first lit up in front of me.

Maybe 8 years later, she was in bed and for real or a dream?? (she says for real), she had some chest/lung pains and literally, as of that day, she never smoked again.

Got the nicotine gum to help her with the addition while she changed her habits and then weened herself off the gum.

I don't think my stubbornness made her quit and she's never asked me would I have married her HAD she never quit.  (good thing)

Funny thing...  as society evolved, I (being accusomed to being around smokers) would go for first available seat for dinner.  She got a bit self-rightous and always said we'd wait for non-smoking....and took offense when someone's smoke drifted over to our table.

I just looked at her smiling but was puzzled in the back of my head wondering how could she not NOW see that "that was her".

<shruggs shoulders>

The big clouds are low ohm mech vaping. The are on the list "things that give vaping a bad name" Your strong feeling of not being impressed at all as you looked over (nicest way I could word it) Like: Thinking to your self if a guy walked in front of us and decided to take a large crap just 10ft ahead on the street. Even that would actually be more impressive to you then watching the guy blow fire extinguishes out of his mouth. lmao  

Not to tell you what you are thinking but just taking a guess based on how I feel looking over and seeing same thing. 

32 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

sensitive to the horrible smell 

(I hope it's obvious that I'd agree with you)

That said, if I got around it, I'd get a bit wheezy.  I told her that her clothes smelled, her breath...hair...  it simply permeated her world.

She totally argued that point (SHE couldn't smell a thing!)

I just trudged on....thinking she'd be worth it ....  about 8 years later, she quit.  (we met what would now be 30 years ago)

Glad she quit.....she's got some good aspects about her!!!

:emotion-21:

Vapers are the new Camel jacket wearing smokers.  Remember all the camel cash and people would wear hats and jackets ect.  Advertising for camel and with how much they loved smoking.  Vaping is the new way to show everyone how cool you think you are but really just showing your poor life decisions.  Its cool brah, look at these hefty clouds! Im an enlighted healthy smoker. Whatevs...same crowd as the pot heads who think they need to show everyone how enlightened and progressive they are with weed....

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Yea nicotine can be a wild card. Theres studies and working theories. Its another vape advantage I haven't touched on yet. The level of nicotine consumed vaping is ridiculously lower than tobacco cigs. In fact you get to chose the level of nicotine (3mg-20mg) that they add to the juice when you order or buy in person. The pre made juice at good places has no nicotine tell you order then they add it. A few years back I was ordering some with no nicotine. But I normally get the lowest 3mg per 120 ml of juice. 

Again, this isn't directed at you Heritage-Head...

But for people who have various vices (smoking, drinking)

I see them & wonder why don't they arbitrarily pick up the habit of sniffing a bus exhaust pipe?  (for me it's about the same thing)

Personally, I really like the smell of a diesel engine that's working (and the smell has dissapated a bit)  I absolutely LOVE the smell of a burning (woods) fire.

If I'm driving down the road and someone is burning leaves or brush and there's smoke across the road....I'll roll my window DOWN heading into it.  When the car fills up a bit, roll the window back UP so I can enjoy it for a mile or two until it wisps away.

Don't care for the smell of that smoke CLOSE to the fire, it has to be diluted but boy oh boy....  if that could be bottled....(vaped?  HA!!!)