Vaping

Heritage_Head

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Again, this isn't directed at you Heritage-Head...

But for people who have various vices (smoking, drinking)

I see them & wonder why don't they arbitrarily pick up the habit of sniffing a bus exhaust pipe?  (for me it's about the same thing)

Personally, I really like the smell of a diesel engine that's working (and the smell has dissapated a bit)  I absolutely LOVE the smell of a burning (woods) fire.

If I'm driving down the road and someone is burning leaves or brush and there's smoke across the road....I'll roll my window DOWN heading into it.  When the car fills up a bit, roll the window back UP so I can enjoy it for a mile or two until it wisps away.

Don't care for the smell of that smoke CLOSE to the fire, it has to be diluted but boy oh boy....  if that could be bottled....(vaped?  HA!!!)

vape has tobacco flavors. But the majority are candys pies, ice cream, pop flavors. Like I have a grape flavor I like and it tastes just like welch grape juice.  I have a glazed donut I get that tastes just like crisp creams. 

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

We all know that our country is debating universal healthcare insurance, etc. That means we all have a vested interest in how healthy our citizens are. If I am expected to buy others health insurance then I should be able to expect them to be as healthy as possible. And that is the crux of this issue. Healthy lungs are kept that way by not abusing them. Vaping clearly abuses the lungs. And.... as for eating tainted food products....... you get sick. This is why we have gov’t agencies to oversee the chain of our food supply.

It seems you may be for a universal healthcare system if the government can control everyone who wants to participate...That said, it's a slippery slope given how many things are bad for you INCLUDING those who are athletically inclined and put their body through tortuous training--those people suffer injuries that couch potatoes don't and usually the ramifications show up when they get older. 

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

My half brother does.  I blame it on his mom.  All of her children were thumb suckers...

He does look pretty pist lol.

I might be forgetting but for as much trouble I was as a kid. Just sitting down with a sad frown was never  on my move list (at least not doing it on purpose). 

1 minute ago, Zen Traveler said:

It seems you may be for a universal healthcare system if the government can control everyone who wants to participate...That said, it's a slippery slope given how many things are bad for you INCLUDING those who are athletically inclined and put their body through tortuous training--those people suffer injuries that couch potatoes don't and usually the ramifications show up when they get older. 

I agree with all that.... 👍

"Only thing worse than democracy.. everything else" **AL** It will always be in the way of anything universal thats important to almost everyone (not taking a side or even have an opinion, as you said its slipper slope.)

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Why would you start smoking at 48? Just curious what led you to that decision.

Couple boxes of real Cubans from a friend and 18 hour days for about a month.  Was on a mission from God!  Grabbed a Newport menthol from a co-worker then wound up buying a pack.  hahaha  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
57 minutes ago, Kalifornian said:

Vapers are the new Camel jacket wearing smokers. 

Or there just trying to stay off cigarettes, but there is no jacket to wear for that. 

But your right about some groups.

54 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Personally, I really like the smell of a diesel engine that's working (and the smell has dissapated a bit)  I absolutely LOVE the smell of a burning (woods) fire.

If I'm driving down the road and someone is burning leaves or brush and there's smoke across the road....I'll roll my window DOWN heading into it.  When the car fills up a bit, roll the window back UP so I can enjoy it for a mile or two until it wisps away.

I need to remember to light up some leaves next time I see you. 

59 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

But not the same crowd as the pot heads who just like to get high.

True, for some it's not about showing off, you would never know they did it.

These days everyone wants to be different, ink, piercings, whatever it takes to make them think there special, there special all right.

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

It seems you may be for a universal healthcare system if the government can control everyone who wants to participate.

I wouldn't be, it's proven almost everywhere to suck.

What people inhale has impacted their lung functions for centuries. Aside from tobacco related ailments there are a number of other lung diseases (pneumoconiosis) associated with exposures to various dusts and industrial pollutants. COPD is the group of lung troubles most think about but there are other fatal conditions as well. Pulmonary fibrosis is the other major group of health troubles related to inhaled materials. With more knowledge and workplace regulations most of these ailments are now avoided. 

The point here is that lungs react defensively, negatively to a wide range of inhaled substances. It is vital to know what you breathe and if it poses you any short or long term dangers. The best and easiest solution is to avoid them all. Error on the side of safety. 

If you have ever been held underwater for a hair too long you experienced the terror of suffocation. Future medicines and treatments may offer better results but for the time being chronic lung disease remains incurable. Victims become pulmonary cripple’s unable to conduct simple tasks without supplemental oxygen. Thanks largely to tobacco there’s a large population living with compromised lungs. Any of you, regardless of where you live, will find many home health vendors offering oxygen care. Though medical O2 is used for other conditions it is mostly prescribed for lung diseases. Don’t think it can happen to you? Think again. Be wiser. Take care of your lungs. Really it is serious but so easy to avoid.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Coytee said:

So, I've admitted above, I don't smoke, drink, exceed speed limit, stop, look & listen at all railroad tracks, stop at signs (even yield) ...

We know, we know, saving yourself for when you get old? They model arrows after you, but you have gotten crazy over the years, you do not use a pocket protector anymore for your ink pen, you rebel you.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Didn't realize you were part Japanese.

If it's good it's good, I do like alot of Japanese things anyway, but think I might skip the whale thing.