Vaping

Heritage_Head

2 hours ago, Coytee said:

So, I've admitted above, I don't smoke, drink, exceed speed limit, stop, look & listen at all railroad tracks, stop at signs (even yield) ...

I don't smoke anymore (can't stand the smell).  But I still drink, speed, don't yield and sometime pass stop sign.  I am not aggressive but It is just a part of life.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Heritage_Head said:

Man 3 page in and not one of you vape. 

Never said that, I do sometimes when I'm trying to not smoke cigarettes. I smoke weed to not drink alcohol , or the other way around depending on the situation,  which means it could be both. :lol: But to be fair I always do things in moderation, mostly because I don't like the feeling when I don't.

At almost 62 why change now, I have had fun and never depended on anyone so I do what I want, you can only die once, it's a choice ya know. The smart way who knows, I don't care I just have fun and do what I want, been fun so far.  

But don't fear, I am going to die either way and I will not use your health care dollars or preach to you how to live, it's your choice. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

I agree with all that.... 👍

"Only thing worse than democracy.. everything else" **AL** It will always be in the way of anything universal thats important to almost everyone (not taking a side or even have an opinion, as you said its slipper slope.)

I happen to support a buy-in to a {Medicare for all} Single Payer system to start off with but am definitely NOT for Government controlling our lives when it comes to what we put in our bodies except to give warnings on the harmful things and promote the healthy.

2 hours ago, dtel said:
3 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

It seems you may be for a universal healthcare system if the government can control everyone who wants to participate.

I wouldn't be, it's proven almost everywhere to suck.

😕 You do realize that pretty much everyone who lives out of the United States who has posted on this forum about their Healthcare System would disagree with you, don't you? I realize that is a small subset of people, but on Facebook you will find the same thing among those friends as well. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

At almost 62 why change now, I have had fun and never depended on anyone so I do what I want, you can only die once, it's a choice ya know. The smart way who knows, I don't care I just have fun and do what I want, been fun so far.  

I agree but I wouldn't recommend doing without Health Insurance.

2 hours ago, dtel said:

But don't fear, I am going to die either way and I will not use your health care dollars or preach to you how to live, it's your choice. 

I appreciate not preachin' to folks but are you also saying you aren't going to sign up for Medicare when you get of age? 

• Like 1

oh.... @Heritage_Head

congrats on giving up cigs.  That near got lost in the discussion.

the only thing that scare me about e-cigs

1] what is in the juice besides nicotine?

the tobacco industry is not too forthcoming about what goes in their products

2] Concentration level... How many packs/carton worth of nicotine per vial?

3] be careful of exploding batteries

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

😕 You do realize that pretty much everyone who lives out of the United States who has posted on this forum about their Healthcare System would disagree with you, don't you? I realize that is a small subset of people, but on Facebook you will find the same thing among those friends as well. Just sayin'.

I have never really rehearsed it but it seems like the waiting time and limit on some services can be crazy, if they had the money many travel here to get treated. But this is just from what I was led to think, many not be true in the real world?  

13 minutes ago, Zen Traveler said:

I appreciate not preachin' to folks but are you also saying you aren't going to sign up for Medicare when you get of age? 

Well it was kind of meant preaching facts that any normal adult should know, like the smoker who quits, they seem to be the worst sometimes.

One man sitting by us eating and reading a book overheard us talking on a cruise ship once about smoking policy's and had to comment how bad it is on a balcony with people smoking forward of them and people could hardly breath or even use the balcony. I told him sorry he can't use his balcony and if nothing they should put all smokers on one side of the ship, he said we don't have a balcony but I heard that. I just looked at him and moved on, he just had to give an opinion.

Medicare, that's a good ways off, never thought about it, maby if I live that long and it's still around? With family history 3-4 years more is pushing it, but who knows.

12 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

Vegetable glycerin, with optional flavors not required and the percentage of nicotine from 0 percent to 24% I think with 18% being similar to a cigarette I read.

Also Propylene gylcol instead of Vegitable or mixed with it. But most of the better liquids only use the VG I don't know why could be marketing?

Glycerol (/ˈɡlɪsərɒl/;[5] also called glycerine or glycerin; see spelling differences) is a simple polyol compound. It is a colorless, odorless, viscous liquid that is sweet-tasting and non-toxic. The glycerol backbone is found in many lipids which are known as glycerides. It is widely used in the food industry as a sweetener and humectant in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in waterand its hygroscopic nature.[6]

Propylene glycol (IUPAC name: propane-1,2-diol) is a organic compound with the chemical formula CH3CH(OH)CH2OH. It is a viscous, colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste. Containing two alcohol groups, it is classed as a diol. It is miscible with a broad range of solvents, including water, acetone, and chloroform. In general, glycols are non-irritating, have very low volatility and very low toxicity.[4]

It is produced on a large scale and is primarily used in the production of polymers, used as chemical feedstock for building materials and toner for laser printers, but also used in food processing, pharma and in airplane deicing applications. In the European Union, it has the E-number E1520 for food applications. For cosmetics and pharmacology, the number is E490. Propylene glycol is also present in propylene glycol alginate which is known as E405. Propylene glycol is a compound which is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under 21 CFR x184.1666 and is also approved by FDA for certain uses as an indirect food additive. Propylene glycol is approved and used as a vehicle for topical, oral and some intravenous pharmaceutical preparations in U.S. and in Europe.

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:
3 hours ago, dtel said:

exceed speed limit

Wait a minute, I thought every red blooded American did a little speeding every once in a while. Can't you always get by with 5 over and 99% of the time get by with 10 over?

I don't know how that happened but I didn't say that. BUT my wife does not like me to drive so I don't unless I have to, don't enjoy it anymore anyway. She says I sight see to much as I drive and do tend to drive with other traffic which means speeding usually. 

And she does the standard 5 over and it's worked well so far, especially since most cars are passing her. Your right I probably tend to drive to fast, now that I think about it.

Now if I had a fun car to drive it would be a different thing, but now for me I just want to get there, I'm past the sports car thing, had many over the years, I was into little 2 seater convertibles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dtel said:
1 hour ago, Zen Traveler said:

I have never really rehearsed it but it seems like the waiting time and limit on some services can be crazy, if they had the money many travel here to get treated. But this is just from what I was led to think, many not be true in the real world? 

No system is perfect...They may have wait times on certain things but for the most part people posting in forums from Europe and Canada like their system compared to what we have to pay and go through. Insofar as costs go a lot more Americans are going to other countries for their operations and if you don't have insurance it is cheaper from my research on Hip and Knee replacement...

4 hours ago, dtel said:
5 hours ago, Zen Traveler said:

It seems you may be for a universal healthcare system if the government can control everyone who wants to participate.

I wouldn't be, it's proven almost everywhere to suck.

Again, we all have a right to our opinion but I think what you wrote above has more to do with media influence/propaganda than "real world," scrutiny. I live a fairly healthy lifestyle, didn't need to see the doctor much, and by 2006 our premiums were pricing us out of the Healthcare market....I wish we had access to the Healthcare discussions we had in the BS Forum--Ironically it seems we were closer to consensus on that subject than most we debated in there--I miss that place!

• Moderators

Again, we all have a right to our opinion but I think what you wrote above has more to do with media influence/propaganda than "real world," scrutiny.

Very possible, I thought that because of what I read, and that can vary so much these days it's hard to believe there both the same story. But like most things none of us will live long enough to see a good system implemented even if they start tomorrow. I think people would pay for it if were fair across the board, they are paying for it already.  We paid last year to not have it and no way to pay the cost if we did want it, we fell in the wrong group, should have made no money.

5 minutes ago, dtel said:

But like most things none of us will live long enough to see a good system implemented even if they start tomorrow.

it's proven almost everywhere to suck.

I appreciating you sharing your views but these are two statements that I wish you would reconsider...Other countries' healthcare systems don't "suck" and we already have a "good" system if our citizens don't give up expecting more. Fwiw, I think we can have a better system and it DOES matter who you vote for. That's not a partisan/political statement and there have been choices all along, regardless who you voted for to keep it in historical context. 

23 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Wasn't sure on this topic. But Im always looking for new juice recommendations (or other useful advance ideas). So if any of you guys/gals are in to this please share.

I quit smoking tobacco cigarettes about ten years ago. I was getting my wisdom teeth removed and filling out forms before. It asked if I smoked and how long. When I did the math and realized it was more than 20 years I shook my head, and used the fact you cant smoke for about a week after the teeth removal as a starting point. A few years later I started again but quickly stopped and went to vaping.

Then it was a pretty small market compared to today but it has kept me from smoking. Anyways.......

Now I mostly drip and squonk (drip is where you drip juice into the atomizer on the coil/wick. Squonk is a devise that holds juice in plastic bottle below the atomizer. Pushing on the middle of the plastic bottle flows juice up into the atomizer and wets the wick/coil with juice). Both these are rebuildable (build own coils/wicks). And costs is next to nothing for materials. 

Nicoticket has been my favorite online place to buy juice. They are high cost (comparable) at about $25 for 60ml. But being that it lasts a few months its pretty cheap. They imo make some of the best juice on the planet (That I've found anyways). Sadly they don't make the large catalog of different juices they use to. In fact they only make a few now. The linked two below are two of there best but I miss their variety.  

http://www.nicoticket.com/custards-last-stand-60ml-chubby-gorilla/

http://www.nicoticket.com/the-virus-60ml-chubby-gorilla/

As an RN, I cannot recommend Vaping at all! Can't be good for the lungs!

I recommend Nicorette Gum, a much more healthful way of ingesting nicotine if you must!

John Kuthe...

8 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

As an RN, I cannot recommend Vaping at all! Can't be good for the lungs!

I recommend Nicorette Gum, a much more healthful way of ingesting nicotine if you must!

John Kuthe...

Please list the factually  things in vaping that is a lung health risk. Technically Being that nobody has suffered health issues from vaping  yet (and I assume the health of lungs would fit the health issue category if it existed).

If it was truly bad for lungs there would be reported health issues from vaping (big tobacco would make sure every life form on the plant had a copy). That fact there isn't, basically proves that as of today vaping does not cause lung damage. 

Rest assured when/if the day comes that absolute proof of linked health issues from vaping. Everyone will hear about it. BT will have people on roof tops screaming.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WillyBob said:

oh.... @Heritage_Head

congrats on giving up cigs.  That near got lost in the discussion.

the tobacco industry is not too forthcoming about what goes in their products

2] Concentration level... How many packs/carton worth of nicotine per vial?

3] be careful of exploding batteries

Thanks.

Ingredients vary depending on the flavor. Some of things you might find in candy or the same, 

Tabacoo industry doesn't have vaping info to give. Vaping world is not part of the Tabacco industry. (it has no tabacco) Its true that its govern by similar laws. And its been placed in that category by the government for now. 

Nicotine level isn't a fixed number. Its up to the customer when he buys juice what level he wants. I use 3mg (thats the lowest other than zero) i've seen. Its barley any comparing to the other nicotine delivery devises. 

Exploding batteries could absolutely happen. Im sure it has happened. The boxes I use (I have 2 that are both built out of steal. (or something close).  that holds the batterie and a juice bottle. No idea if they would contain a 3.7 volt exploding. Was never worried tell now!.............. lol 

• Like 1