Vaping

Heritage_Head

2 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Please list the factually  things in vaping that is a lung health risk. Technically Being that nobody has suffered health issues from vaping  yet (and I assume the health of lungs would fit the health issue category if it existed).

If it was truly bad for lungs there would be reported health issues from vaping (big tobacco would make sure every life form on the plant had a copy). That fact there isn't, basically proves that as of today vaping does not cause lung damage. 

Rest assured when/if the day comes that absolute proof of linked health issues from vaping. Everyone will hear about it. BT will have people on roof tops screaming.

Vaping had not been being DONE long enough for the long term health risks to be known!

But I'll tell you ONE FACT!! NO Human has ever died from smoking too much cannabis! None!! Name One Death 100% attributable to smoking too much cannabis! Can't, right?

Medical scientists ran a meta-study comparing chronic tobacco smokers to chronic cannabis smokers looking for increased rates of lung cancers in cannabis smokers as we KNOW happens in tobacco smokers, and you know what they found? Not only did the cannabis smokers NOT have a higher incidence of lung can cers than even the general population, but a slightly LOWER rates of lung cancers than even the general population!!

And WE KNOW WHY NOW TOO! THC actually induces cancer cells to undergo a normal cellular process called apoptosis or CELL SUICIDE!!

So tell me all the factual things YOU know about cannabis! I know LOTS!! Not only am I am RN I'm also a Cannabis Nurse!

John Kuthe...

• Like 3

Seems that I recall that when vaping 1st ballooned into popularity that retailers would recruit ‘users’ to go on-line and laud the method, the product and to refer customers to their on-line stores. People would be reimbursed with product discounts for each new customer they referred. Sure hope that isn’t the situation here.

Nicotine addicts are pretty tightly held to their addiction. Nicotine is removed from the body quickly so it requires frequent doses to maintain adequate enough blood levels to satiate the addiction and stave off withdrawals. There is no logical discourse about the subject for an addict as they are not seeking real information. Addicts are keenly focused on their next dose and insanely defensive towards anyone or anything that threatens the easy supply of their chosen drug.......... and nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs known to humanity. Addicts are owned by their addiction and often service their addiction as priority 1 in life. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, JohnKuthe said:

Vaping had not been being DONE long enough for the long term health risks to be known!

But I'll tell you ONE FACT!! NO Human has ever died from smoking too much cannabis! None!! Name One Death 100% attributable to smoking too much cannabis! Can't, right?

Medical scientists ran a meta-study comparing chronic tobacco smokers to chronic cannabis smokers looking for increased rates of lung cancers in cannabis smokers as we KNOW happens in tobacco smokers, and you know what they found? Not only did the cannabis smokers NOT have a higher incidence of lung can cers than even the general population, but a slightly LOWER rates of lung cancers than even the general population!!

And WE KNOW WHY NOW TOO! THC actually induces cancer cells to undergo a normal cellular process called apoptosis or CELL SUICIDE!!

So tell me all the factual things YOU know about cannabis! I know LOTS!! Not only am I am RN I'm also a Cannabis Nurse!

John Kuthe...

I have no idea what cannabis has to do with the price of tea in china. But probably more than what it has in common with the quote that you quoted me. 

That being said thanks for the information. Im not that interested in that topic. But I did find some of that interesting 👍

Man I don't even think In ten years on this forum I have ever posted the word cannabis. Dude your asking the wrong guy. I don't know anything about cannabis studies. Sorry

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Tabacoo industry doesn't have vaping info to give. Vaping world is not part of the Tabacco industry.

RJR is marketing JUUL. They are in...

yeah... those lithium ion batteries will go up on you. Be very careful of how you charge them. 

I have a little experience with volatile batteries. We used lithium polymer batteries in r/c.  They are more delicate that Li-ion, but same hazards. 10gm battery that can kick 10Amps@4V. When they short, things light up. It was recommended to keep larger battery packs in ammo cans.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

E-cigs make aerosols. Every bit of chemistry in the vaping liquid becomes converted into that aerosol, plus any new chemistries developed in the heating processes. Aerosols can be harmless or not. Make sure that you know exactly what you are breathing. Unfortunately your vapor supplier will not tell you all the chemicals they use in their products. They will simply ask that you ‘trust’ them. Do you really and truly ‘trust’ them with your health? Why would you?

I don't think this is correct, unless something has changed since I last vaped about 5 years ago.  I researched it quite a lot.  The ingredients are propylene glycol, artificial flavors and nicotine.  Propylene glycol is the same stuff they use in the fog machines at rock concerts. Not only has it been used for decades in this context, but it has been tested for short-term acute exposure in rats, etc.  Based on the tests, there has been no cause for alarm.  Of course, 30-year studies don't exist, so all we can do is speculate and argue about something we know nothing about in that regard.  So, enjoy arguing about something you know nothing about...

As for my experience, I would highly recommend it in lieu of smoking cigarettes.  I smoked cigs for 30 years.  It was really starting to take a toll on me.  I refused/could not (you can choose) go cold turkey, so I tried vaping.  It made a noticeable difference.  Even though I vaped, the inflammation in my lungs was going away.  I started breathing easier.  The difference was clear.

After a year of vaping, I gave it up.   In the vaping context, you can control the nicotine levels.  I tapered it down until it wasn't very strong.  Then, in the fall when I got a bad cold and sore throat, I had to stop vaping for a few days.  At that point, I just gave it up.  It was easy to do.

Vaping does have its problems, though.  I noticed it gave me periodic mouth ulcers.  In researching it, I found other people complaining of the same thing.  The pro-vaping crowd blamed the ulcers on smoking cessation.  They had some mild proof to back up their claims.  Once I quit vaping, I no longer had the ulcers, so I think maybe it had something to do with vaping, as opposed to quitting cigs.

It is possible 30 years of vaping might prove deadly.  However, 1 year of vaping got me permanently off of cigs.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

If you have ever been held underwater for a hair too long you experienced the terror of suffocation. Future medicines and treatments may offer better results but for the time being chronic lung disease remains incurable. Victims become pulmonary cripple’s unable to conduct simple tasks without supplemental oxygen. Thanks largely to tobacco there’s a large population living with compromised lungs. Any of you, regardless of where you live, will find many home health vendors offering oxygen care. Though medical O2 is used for other conditions it is mostly prescribed for lung diseases. Don’t think it can happen to you? Think again. Be wiser. Take care of your lungs. Really it is serious but so easy to avoid.

This is a rhetorical argument.  You've made the argument - over and over - for smokers to go cold turkey.  Yes, it will always be the least risky, provided the smoker succeeds in abstaining.  Then... there's the real world, which is far more complex and involves actual human behavior. 

Not all humans can just quit cigarettes so easily, no matter how many times you tell them they can.  For those people, there is a large market of seemingly safer alternatives available.  Patches, gums, vaping, etc.  If you look at the warning labels for the patches, suicidal tendency is one of them.  Go figure!  Welcome to the real world.  

Focus on the people who can't go cold turkey.  What would you say to them to make a difference?  Would you say, "Keep smoking because vaping will kill you anyway?"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

If it was truly bad for lungs there would be reported health issues from vaping (big tobacco would make sure every life form on the plant had a copy). That fact there isn't, basically proves that as of today vaping does not cause lung damage. 

Be careful with this kind of logic.  There are no long-term studies.  "No evidence" does not equal "no danger."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnKuthe said:

I have done a fair amount of research on this topic.  I'd like to see the report you mentioned above.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JohnKuthe said:

Not only am I am RN I'm also a Cannabis Nurse!

The problem I have with this is I don't think you would look so great in the short white nurse outfit my brain wants to bring up, sorry.

29 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Be careful with this kind of logic.  There are no long-term studies.  "No evidence" does not equal "no danger."  

Agreed. If you would have quoted my whole post. I actually said that I believe I said " As of right now with what we know"

Dude guys come on.... I'm not defending it as good and great thing. Seriously lol.

Im saying it doesn't share any of the health hazards cigs have. That so far zero sick zero dead. Cigs are killing 1 person every 6 secs. This isn't a debate. If anyone here thinks it is please don't quote any more of my posts in this thread. 

Cigarettes are the greatest killing invention of man kind. They kill more people than every other killing thing combined ever.

I mean sure 50 years from now we might all be zombies because of e juice. I don't know. No one does. But we are way smarter today then they ever were when big tobacco sprung up from hell. Paying people off covering stuff up way harder now too. 

If big Tobacco invented themselves right now. They would never get them in stores today. 

44 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

This is a rhetorical argument.  You've made the argument - over and over - for smokers to go cold turkey.  Yes, it will always be the least risky, provided the smoker succeeds in abstaining.  Then... there's the real world, which is far more complex and involves actual human behavior. 

Not all humans can just quit cigarettes so easily, no matter how many times you tell them they can.  For those people, there is a large market of seemingly safer alternatives available.  Patches, gums, vaping, etc.  If you look at the warning labels for the patches, suicidal tendency is one of them.  Go figure!  Welcome to the real world.  

Focus on the people who can't go cold turkey.  What would you say to them to make a difference?  Would you say, "Keep smoking because vaping will kill you anyway?"

I wish you would have responded to the post your quoting  here before I did.

I sounded mad. .......You sounded right.

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

For starts no vaping system is devised or sold to provide a precise regimen for ending nicotine addiction. In fact vaping ‘juices’ are not guaranteed to be accurate in their nicotine content nor in the amount delivered per ‘puff’ and cannot be relied upon for ‘down’ dosing nicotine.  So if you are a motivated ‘quitter’ I think you could come up with your own program using these uncontrolled products. But do not kid yourselves the vaping industry does not want you free from addiction. They simply want to become your new nicotine supplier.

If you decide to quit smoking then there are any number of FDA approved products to help you do so. I have no problems with any of those and never have ‘insisted’ that ‘cold turkey’ is a preferred method. In fact cold turkey has the worst results IMHO. Now if a quitter requires something to inhale, something like a ‘cigarette’, then obtain the NICOTROL system that provides just that device along with reliable nicotine formulations and a clear program to end the addiction.

I am truly pleased that people see the wisdom of ending tobacco usage. If a vaping company were to devise a system that met FDA standards for ending nicotine addiction I would be happy to endorse it. Until then users are putting their health in the hands of a profit driven industry that eschews FDA standards for inhalants. That is precisely the same trust people placed in the tobacco industry. Over 400,000 Americans who allowed big tobacco to addict them die every year, and they cost our health systems dearly along the way to the grave. If we let the vaping industry capture a new generation of addicts we will stand to repeat the same journey.

The true idiocy of this all is that none of these products serve any useful function. No person needs to use any of these product for any reason.

• Like 1