Vaping

Heritage_Head

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

The true idiocy of this all is that none of these products serve any useful function. No person needs to use any of these product for any reason.

Your 100% right, if you discard that pesky problem of addiction, but it's real. The say nicotine is as bad to quit as many of the other serious drugs.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Shiva said:

Well, if you are into vaping and are planning a holiday in San Fransisco, you better bring your own supplies as the sale of vaping products is now banned there.

I seen that in the new the other day, but it's cool to poop on the streets and leave your needles. They need to get a grip on all of that before some disease breaks out, as they have been warned by some professionals, and it's not the only place with these problems.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

I seen that in the new the other day, but it's cool to poop on the streets and leave your needles. They need to get a grip on all of that before some disease breaks out, as they have been warned by some professionals, and it's not the only place with these problems.

And its not cool anywhere, ffs.

• Like 3

Saw dude the other day he was smoking a vape for vaping a smoke the cloud above his head was like a James Bond smoke screen smokescreen about a year ago so my first vape that look like that impenetrable cloud smoke what's going to ask what they were vaping but was afraid to lots of laughs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

But I'll tell you ONE FACT!! NO Human has ever died from smoking too much cannabis! None!! Name One Death 100% attributable to smoking too much cannabis! Can't, right?

Medical scientists ran a meta-study comparing chronic tobacco smokers to chronic cannabis smokers looking for increased rates of lung cancers in cannabis smokers as we KNOW happens in tobacco smokers, and you know what they found? Not only did the cannabis smokers NOT have a higher incidence of lung can cers than even the general population, but a slightly LOWER rates of lung cancers than even the general population!!

Ha! I love this anecdote but CAN'T believe it to be true! 🙃 I have done the google and couldn't really find anything except possible COPD effects but decided I would wait before giving my definitive opinion and thinking how great it would be if true...That said, I do believe it kills brain cells in younger individuals so again I think that is a decision a person needs to make after becoming an adult and doing their own research.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnKuthe said:

Medical scientists ran a meta-study comparing chronic tobacco smokers to chronic cannabis smokers looking for increased rates of lung cancers in cannabis smokers as we KNOW happens in tobacco smokers, and you know what they found? Not only did the cannabis smokers NOT have a higher incidence of lung can cers than even the general population, but a slightly LOWER rates of lung cancers than even the general population!!

Though this may be all true, no where near an apples to apples comparison.  I have coworkers who from the time they get in their car in the morning until the time they get home, they may have smoked an average of 2 cigarettes an hour resulting at minimum of a total of 20+ during that time period.  Now try that "comparison" with the same amount of joints in the work week, not even counting the amount smoked at their home before and after work.  The rate of lung "damage" most likely will have increased.  Not a scientific based opinion but an opinion based on logic.  

I could be wrong though.

Bill

• Like 1

I try to keep up on the latest in medical cannabis research.  So far as I am aware, the research presently going on in Israel appears to be the most detailed and scientific.  Here's a video where the state of the art is discussed in terms of the complexity of the components of cannabis.  There are over 100 known strains of CBD, and they affect different parts of the body differently.  It's not so simple as "weed."

• Like 1

Leave it to Israel to do a good research into those properties 

On vaping, just saw 2 identical pipes loaded with MMJ. The person also had a white prescription bottle full of MMJ...

I also follow the research while following the pot stocks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Wow, talking about framing a question so no answer fits your criteria.    I have read of people having heart attacks and the doctors have listed their marijuana use as a factor (the old increased heart rate thing), maybe they had an underlying heart condition; but, if something is only 50% or 10% attributable ... they’re still dead. 

I say this not in opposition to marijuana either, i do believe it has a place in some treatment plans.

My days of recreational drug use are over ... so more LSD on the way to the airport then flying cross country. My bong has been replaced by three inhalers and pills. Some of my cohorts are in fine health; but, i never learned to pace myself in life. Pedal to the metal all day, everyday ... until it catches up with you. 

Maybe he is forgetting auto accident deaths  caused by under the influence of cannibus .

JJK

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

Maybe he is forgetting auto accident deaths  caused by under the influence of cannibus .

Honestly, I think auto accidents are hard to judge insofar as the responsibility of the drug verses driver error...Smoking marijuana doesn't have the same effect as driving after consuming alcohol because they are two different drugs.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

People shouldn't get behind the wheel after church.

Funny you say that because I was just pondering what you meant by "other side of the aisle" and thinking of church such as for weddings---bride side, groom side, or perhaps in prod services maybe there is a sinners side and a goodie two shoes side?

• Haha 1