Vaping

Heritage_Head

Nicotines physical addiction withdraws can be brutal. At work I started drinking double shot express-os (3 or 4 a day) so I didn't nod off at my desk. My mom when she quit a 40 year smoking habit cold turkey. She would experience nodding off while driving. But not all of that is from the physical withdrawals....... 

The activity part of smoking is in it self life changing. This might sound pathetic (and maybe it is) but it can give real purpose to what could other wise be a boring empty daily grind. Looking forward to something in a persons daily routine can be the very thing that keeps a person on the happy side of the line. The line between happy and sad can be razor thin indeed. 

Vaping replaces both of these parts. Patches and gum will help with the first part but they don't replace the activity.

IMHO the activity part in drugs and smoking is the main reason for failing to quit, or using again. Addicts are almost certain to use again if they don't replace the activity side. Addicts don't stay sober long living board and unhappy. Addicts have a chance if they care. They have none if they don't. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Heritage_Head said:

Nicotines physical addiction withdraws can be brutal. At work I started drinking double shot express-os (3 or 4 a day) so I didn't nod off at my desk. My mom when she quit a 40 year smoking habit cold turkey. She would experience nodding off while driving. But not all of that is from the physical withdrawals....... 

The activity part of smoking is in it self life changing. This might sound pathetic (and maybe it is) but it can give real purpose to what could other wise be a boring empty daily grind. Looking forward to something in a persons daily routine can be the very thing that keeps a person on the happy side of the line. The line between happy and sad can be razor thin indeed. 

Vaping replaces both of these parts. Patches and gum will help with the first part but they don't replace the activity.

IMHO the activity part in drugs and smoking is the main reason for failing to quit, or using again. Addicts are almost certain to use again if they don't replace the activity side. Addicts don't stay sober long living board and unhappy. Addicts have a chance if they care. They have none if they don't. 

Yes, the gum or patch can't replace the willful self dosing the way vaping or smoking does, although when I was using Nicorette Gum to wean myself off nicotine I leaned how to chew up the gum really much and soft and then I'd plaster it under my tongue and squeeze it to get a 'hit' of nicotine from what was supposed to be a slowly chew to release the nicotine SLOWLY!!!

I LEARNED!!

John Kuthe...

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Heritage_Head said:

Patches and gum will help with the first part but they don't replace the activity.

There is something to the activity part. 

To prove it next time you want a cigarette just hold it as if it was lit, but don't lite it and ignore it, go about your business. It somewhat tricks your brain about the activity part, but eventually the need for nicotine will get you to light it.

• Like 1

Just started vaping a few weeks ago. Picked up one of the new pod systems for $20.00. Very small, about the size of a couple smokes bundled together. Charges up with a micro USB. They sell packs of two profiled pods that have been lasting me a week. Nice little rig called Logic, from Britain. Just introduced into the Canadian market this spring. I see it as my gateway to quitting. Two or three little puffs and I’m good to go whereas before I would smoke a whole cigarette. Harmless? I doubt it, far less harmful? Absolutely. The amount of. money bleeding out has dropped drastically. $21 a day for one pack vs $10 a week for a two pack of pods.

• 8 months later...

Searched for this thread to wonder aloud....

My understanding is this cronovirus can/does affect people who vape in a negative way......

Has this changed anyone's opinion or habits?

(asks the non-smoker, non-vaper)

2 minutes ago, Coytee said:

My understanding is this cronovirus can/does affect people who vape in a negative way......

Rather, ask the question as to whether there’s a lot more respect for lungs, how they work and just how vulnerable they really are? Whether vaping or smoking dope or tobacco - is the health of your lungs (short and long term) really worth it?

15 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

is the health of your lungs (short and long term) really worth it?

My mom was addicted (to nicotine) as is my younger sister.....

They might answer no to your question....  right before they go outside to light up.  

Mom finally passed after a number of years of dimensia....  seems she "forgot" that she was a smoker and finally let it wither away during her final years whereas she could NOT get away from it during her lucid years.

32 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I DO NOT use an e-cig vape... I do vape and it is not as rough on my lungs.  I vape mj... could put tobacco in it...No "juice" involved in my vape. You put dried plant material in it.

if you have an existing condition that is aggravated by smoking, a vaporizer may ease symptoms.

ssvmain.jpg

This is what I call a "vape"... and why I call juice vapes "e-cigs"...

Maybe not good... but better than smoking

28 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I DO NOT use an e-cig vape... I do vape and it is not as rough on my lungs.  I vape mj... could put tobacco in it...No "juice" involved in my vape. You put dried plant material in it.

if you have an existing condition that is aggravated by smoking, a vaporizer may ease symptoms.

Hmmmmm.......    so precisely WHAT ingredients (as in all of them) is in your vapor rig that will “ease” anyone’s “symptoms”? 1st you do not know all of the ingredients in your vape because nobody does. You know about the ones you want in your vape and will accept any others on the prayer that they’re safe. And sometimes they are downright lethal - correct?

So what medical school did you graduate from that allows you to come here and advocate that others with “symptoms” should use any form of inhalant?