Vaping

Heritage_Head

52 minutes ago, Seadog said:

The word "cool" does not come to mind when I see someone vaping.

I wonder if a Coronavirus-infected person who is vaping becomes more or less contagious to others?

The jury is out on whether the excess vapor aerosols exhaled can carry additional viral contaminants. Basically if the person of positive for the disease they exhale the bug anyway. Their exhaled vapor clouds merely ‘paint’ their exhalation for all to witness. We should consider that every exhaled breath offers a similar ‘cloud’ only one which is not so visible. This we’ve all experienced when we catch a whiff of someone’s bad breath from feet away. 

12 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I'll pretend to not see you insult...

Yes, I saw your ‘fix-it’ post as I posted mine. But hear this: The country has been getting a lot of poor advice from not the best sources and WAY too many people chose to make lousy decisions. Now look at NYC. Look at New Orleans. For most of our lives complacent, flippant and ill advised commentary has had little consequence. That is no longer the case. Feel free to conduct your life as you choose but be extra careful parroting unproven information cuz somewhere someone will accept it as fact and act on it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

Yes, I saw your ‘fix-it’ post as I posted mine. But hear this: The country has been getting a lot of poor advice from not the best sources and WAY too many people chose to make lousy decisions. Now look at NYC. Look at New Orleans. For most of our lives complacent, flippant and ill advised commentary has had little consequence. That is no longer the case. Feel free to conduct your life as you choose but be extra careful parroting unproven information cuz somewhere someone will accept it as fact and act on it.

I can bear testimony that the ecig helped me to quit a 30 year cig habit.  When I first tried the ecig, it satisfied me as a substitute AND my breathing started to improve, compared to cigs.  I Vaped for a year, reducing the nicotine strength along the way.  Then, I quit.  

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I can bear testimony that the ecig helped me to quit a 30 year cig habit.  When I first tried the ecig, it satisfied me as a substitute AND my breathing started to improve, compared to cigs.  I Vaped for a year, reducing the nicotine strength along the way.  Then, I quit.  

Very glad to know that you succeeded where so many do not. Still facts remain facts - no vaping product comes with any ‘quitting’ materials or directions on how ultimately be free from lung abuse. They are sold as nicotine delivery alternatives. They are engineered to be as addictive as possible. Juul derived a form of nicotine distillation that is the most addictive form of the drug known...... then they marketed it to our youth. It is not a socially redeeming group of products.

Yes, it angers me to see the stupidity of lung abuse. I know what these corona virus people are going through. You spend a career trying to talk sense into people and they do not hear. Now suddenly we need 100,000 ventilators yesterday. Well 450,000 Americans die each year just from tobacco and THAT never seemed to bother folks. But when their life is endangered OMG. Sorry for the rant. Patience is worn thin. I am sickened by what I see in the news. I would sincerely hope that after this mess is done that we can respect the wisdom of healthy living. The vaping industry is a sham.

12 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I am sickened by what I see in the news. I would sincerely hope that after this mess is done that we can respect the wisdom of healthy living

Unfortunately I feel that after this has passed it'll be business as usual.

• Like 1

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

I would sincerely hope that after this mess is done that we can respect the wisdom of healthy living.

You must be kidding, has this ever happened in history ?

Alcohol, drugs legal and not, unprotected sex, driving habits, sleep deprivation, sun exposure, it goes on the list is long.   

1 hour ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They are engineered to be as addictive as possible.

Well not exactly, the buyer decides the percentage of nicotine down to 0%.

*I don't imply it is OK, safe or good for you in any way but can guaranty you if people are looking to decrease the amount of nicotine in stages to kick the habit this is one of the few ways to do it.*  I can say the feeling/effects of smoking a E cig is not even close to a real one. After a short time it has the feeling that you quit in every aspect except the need for the nicotine, which can be brought down intentionally by purchaser.  This is from someone with real experience not what is told or studied, you can't fake the feelings that happen. I had quit before for 4 months so I know how that feels, so I can compare it to E cigs which feels as you quit as far as physical affects.

It is very easy for a non smoker to tell others how bad it is that they should quit. duh 

If someone who smokes does not know it's bad for them they are to stupid to be concerned with , like the warnings on the pack, wonder how many said wow it can kill me, I need to stop.

But they have no idea of the addiction part and how it feels, sure without that part you just quit, no problem, it's not a thing because it looks cool like advertised 50 years ago.  

Do not understand the power of addiction, to whatever chemical or habit. It's different for everyone, for some it's easy for most it's not.

Yes it is all definitely bad for you, no question.

55 minutes ago, dtel said:

But they have no idea of the addiction part and how it feels, sure without that part you just quit, no problem, it's not a thing because it looks cool like advertised 50 years ago.  

METV is a station that only shows old TV shows.  At around 10PM every night they normally have a black and white episode of Perry Mason on.  I used to love watching that show when I was little.  Every time I see it now I'm amazed at how many of the characters smoke on screen during the scenes.  I'd wager that more do than don't.  The times have certainly changed.  Now cigarette smoking in movies has a disclaimer in the beginning of the movie just like violence, nudity, language, etc.

• Like 3

Carl @CECAA850,

Remember actor William Talman, who portrayed the prosecutor, Hamilton Burger?  Do you recall his powerful anti-smoking PSA released posthumously?  As powerful as it was, history tells us such, “don’t make the mistakes I made” warnings are, all but, universally ignored by young people who feel invincible. 

CB971A95-BAC3-4A41-B625-9B150B2E36DF.jpeg